Chapter 7

Amy's POV

I was laying on the bed and lifted up my shirt

"I'm just going to to do a quick ultrasound to confirm your pregnancy." The doctor said.

She put the cold blue gel on my stomach and I winced at the coldness. I turned my head looking away from the monitor. It's easier if I don't get more attached.

She moved around the wand and I heard a weird fast rapid sound. "There your baby. And that's the heartbeat." She said.

I turned and looked at the small little thing that was forming in my stomach, I listened to the heartbeat and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I have to do this and I just made it ten times more harder. That's my baby's heartbeat. It has a heartbeat. I looked at the image intently.

The doctor printed out some photos and set them aside. She turned the monitor off. "Okay I can give you the pill or we can insert a needle." The doctor said.

I laid there looking at the monitor I just saw my baby on and placed a hand in my stomach. "Can I have a minute to think it over please." I said she nodded her head and walked out.

I let put a sigh and looked at the ceiling as more tears fell. I wiped them away but there was no use. I let out a sob. That's when I heard the doors of the clinic burst open outside in the main area.

"I need to speak with a patient, Amy Juergen's." I heard Ricky's voice in the hall. I sat up hearing his voice.

How did he know I was here? Ashley, she must have found my note and told him.

"I'm sorry sir but I can't do that." I heard the front desk nurse say.

"Please I just need to talk to her. I'm the father of the baby doesn't that mean anything." He begged the woman.

The doctor came back in. "Okay so are you ready?" She asked.

"Actually. Can you go get my friend. He's yelling at that poor desk person and I just need to see him." I said. He walked back out.

I sat up straight as I heard the door open. I looked down at my feet, I couldn't meet his gaze.

I sniffled, another tear dropped onto my pant leg, then another and another.

I stared at the printed photos I can see from where the doctor put them.

This could be my only child for all I know, I can't do it, I can't kill my baby.

I felt a warm hand on my head and another on my back, the hands brought me towards them.

I leaned my head on his chest, I was to tired to fight it. "It's okay Amy." His soft caring words I could hear the crack in them. Did he want this baby just as badly as I did? Does he think I had the abortion?

"I couldn't do it." I whispered. "I'm so weak. I heard the heartbeat and I felt as if my heart was full, as if it was glowing and I just couldn't do it." I whispered, my voice cracking.

I felt him let go of the hug, he hands were now holding mine and he was crouching down, I kept looking away from him.

I felt his finger on my chin and he forced me to look at him.

"You are not weak Amy. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met. And of coyly couldn't do it because you love that baby even if you don't want to admit it." He said giving me a small smile. "And I want us to keep the baby and co parent." He said. He really wants this? The baby. And me in his life for the next 18 years.

"Are you sure? I can be a little annoying." I said. "I'm sure worts and all. And we should do what's best for the baby so we should be friends." He said standing up and pulling me to my feet. "Deal." Was all I said with a grin.

"Alright. Here is your ultrasound pictures and have a good life. You do need to get an OBGYN as soon as possible so you can have a safe pregnancy." The nurse said handing me the photos. I slipped them in my purse and slung it on my shoulder.

Ricky and I walked out of the clinic. "I don't want to go home yet. Let's go do something fun, I mean we need to know each other better since we having a baby so, what do you want to do?" I asked Ricky.

We got in the car and he pulled out. "So where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise."  He said.

"You should rest I'll wake you when we get there." He said. "Okay." I said closing my eyes and resting my head on the window.