Chapter 4

Amy's POV

I woke in my hospital bed, I sat up and looked around the room.

"Oh Mrs. Juergen's your awake. I will let the doctor know so he can tell you and your family the good news." A perky blonde nurse said.

There was a knock on the door. "Here I brought you some food from the cafeteria Amy." My mom said. "Thanks. Where's dad and Ashley?" I asked.

"Your dad went home to shower he'll be back soon and Ashley is out in the hall with Madison and Lauren. Their talking about a baby shower." My mom said unenthusiastic.

"Okay." I  said awkwardly. "Who's the father?" She blurted out. Here we go, so much for waiting. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and it was Ricky, I honestly thought it would be the doctor.

"Can we have a minute mom. Maybe you should go check and see if dads here yet or talk with the doctors about my release." I asked, I'm desperate here.

She walked out the door and down the hall. Ricky stood in the doorway.

"You can come in you know. We should talk." I said bending my legs and moving my arms on top, placing my chin right on top of it all.

He walked in and closed the door. He stood by it though, he didn't make a move to come closer. He knows me, he knows when I'm tense when I'm uncomfortable. He knows about why I like the French horn.

I looked up at him and he was looking back. I looked over out the window. I couldn't say it looking at him.

"I'm sorry I've been such a bitch to you for the past two months it's just easier to hate you than to hate the problem, the source of my anger. It just my parents they're breaking our family and I now have ruined anything that could have been fixed, so I decided that I would hate you because you were the guy that played me, that took my virginity and it meant nothing. So I'm sorry I've been such a bitch and especially for the past two days it's just I found out that I was pregnant and I found it easier to blame you than to face the fact that I am tearing my family apart." I took a breath, calming myself down as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I was finally able to look at him. "So that's my dirty little secret, I Amy Juergen's am pregnant. I just thought you should know, it's not like it's going to matter soon, I'm probably going to be forced to have an abortion. So don't worry I won't be your problem any longer. You can go back to your normal life and pretend nothing ever happened. You should go before my dad gets back. Hell want to kill you. Bye Ricky." I said.

There was another knock in the door and this time it was the doctor and the nurse. No sign of my parents or Ashley.

"So Amy we need to have a serious conversation you and I. Your sister is being talked to with your nurse Brea. We couldn't find your parents. Your friend should leave for this conversation." He said.

"I'll call you Amy don't do anything rash. I want us to talk." Ricky said before walking away and closing the door.

I had to hold back the tears. "So Amy you have a condition that makes it really hard for you to conceive a child, it's very rare. You basically have a 3 in a million chance to get pregnant which is very difficult. You were lucky enough to be able to conceive this child. I'm so sorry ms. Juergen's. But you are free to leave in an hour. I will get your discharge papers." He said. He stood up and they both left.

I closed the door fully and cried into my pillow for what felt like hours until I fell asleep from exhaustion.