31 Flavours-Very Berry Strawberry

From now on all my chapters will be named after ice cream flavour so if you know of any interesting one (yes they have to be real) please let me know. So I don't have to choose the boring ones!

Thanks for all the comments!

Lolly

P.S the picture if you've already forgotten is of the brother that threw the dictionary at her!

 ~Unknown Person POV~

It’s my first day on the job. My friends have bet against me saying that a pretty lil’ rich boys like me can’t earn their keep. So I have to get a job for a month and by my own food and entertainment. Fortunately my friends have underestimated me, believing my cover story that I’m the son of a dead millionaire. What they don’t know is, I’ve lived in this town all my life and have only been rich since I left home a few years ago.

I chose the ice cream shop, which is quite near my old house. There’s a park nearby which I used to go to with my siblings, it holds good memories for me. I’ve changed a lot since I left home, my name, hair and style.

The bell chimed waking me out of my thoughts. A timid looking girl around my age walked in, she was pretty and looked very breakable, she looked vaguely familiar, oh well something to ponder whilst in my damp, dingy flat. I noticed the girl staring at me with a confused face, I’m glad I’m not the only one who shows signs of recognition. That at least tells me I haven’t gone completely mad after talking to myself for the last few hours!

“Hey.” the girl greeted in a strained voice. “Do you really have 31 flavours?” She asked, suddenly perked up a little.

I had to chuckle at this immensely childish behavior from an attractive young woman. “Yes, I promise we do. It’s the reason the shop’s called ‘31 Flavours’” I answered teasingly as I pointed to the print on my apron that read ’31 Flavours.’

The girl blushed, causing me to chuckle slightly at her clear embarrassment. “Oh really? Sorry, I must have missed that on the way in!” She mused lightly as she looked down at her feet.

“S’okay, it’s not the first time I’ve heard that question.” I answered in an attempt to stop her from any further embarrassment.

“So Bobby, How do people choose just one flavour, with so many flavours to try?” She asked puzzled. There was something about that expression which made the familiarity I felt for her even more defined. I summed up that I would have to talk to her more to figure this mystery out.

“Firstly, how did you know my name?” I asked puzzled as I scrunched my nose up in confusion. “Secondly, what is yours, and well lastly, normal people try a few and then decide from that.” I chuckled at my after thought that said ‘But clearly, you’re not normal.’

“Ok, well: firstly, you’re wearing a name tag, genius.” She said a bit sarcastically, clearly feeling a little more comfortable around me. “Secondly, I’m not going to tell you and lastly, I am far from normal and proud of it before you start any smart ass jokes” This girl was not only getting me to warm up to her but was becoming more intriguing by the second.

“I’ll make you a deal. You come in here every day this month and try every single flavor we have. And in turn everyday I’ll ask you a question, if you answer it I’ll pay for the ice cream.”

The girl looked shocked at this proposal. I could tell she wasn’t rich and by the looks of her body didn’t get enough to eat. She looked the same age as my sister so I felt some kind of protectiveness for her.

“Deal!” She said in an almost excited tone, still recovering from the shock. “But I have a few conditions, since I refuse to tell you my name you can call me Li. Also anytime I want information off you I pay for your ice cream that is, if you answer the question.” She said challengingly as she raised an eyebrow at me. I chuckled at the extra stress she put on some ‘key’ words.

She reached out her hand, now much more confident than she was when she arrived. I could only assume that now she felt like she had the upper hand knowing me name and all (sarcasm for those who are slow). As she lent closer so I could reach over the counter to shake her hand I noticed a dark bruise on her cheek.

Well, well. It looks like I’ve just come up with question one!