Love It If We Made It

SARAH CAMERON

"NO" I kicked as he drove away from the scene.

"We can't just leave her!" I sobbed.

"We have to! This can't have all been for nothing we need to get out of here" He screamed back.

I looked over at him in disgust, his knuckles white as they gripped the wheel, his eyes on the road not daring to look at me and see the disappointment on my face, who was he?

"I'm not leaving her" I said through gritted teeth, reaching down and pulling the handbrake - the truck toppled slightly with the weight of the gold .

"Shit!" John B shouted as he frantically tried to manoeuvre the truck landing us amongst the overgrowth of the field.

As soon as we halted I began to get out before he grabbed my arm.

"What am I supposed to do now?" he asked.

"Call the others, get it to a boat, I don't care! You sort it" I slammed the door shut and began sprinting back, I knew I couldn't be seen - I'd be dragged back with my dad instantly but I couldn't leave not knowing what happened to her.

RAFE CAMERON

What have I done?

I squinted to confirm if she was real, really in front of me or some illusion and embodiment of guilt but she was real, she was really there at the end of the barrel, taking the bullet I shot.

I didn't even see her and once I did it was too late the damage was done.

"NO" I screamed as I battled the two thieves in front of me to get to her, I watched as John B left her side pulling my sister along with him and starting up the engine to drive off.

"COWARD!" I yelled as they left her.

I shoved my way through, reaching her just as her legs gave way, my beautiful girl - her skin washing out, reminisce of blood stained on her teeth, her eyes rolling back every so slightly as she battled to stay awake, I held her wound trying to stop the bleeding - that I had caused - I'm sure if she wasn't so weak she would have fought me off but she just laid limp, tears silently streaming down her face.

"No no no, why, why were you here, why did you have to be here!" I sobbed, my tears falling onto her face entwining with her own.

She opened her mouth ever so slightly to speak but all that came out was a staggered raspy breath, she just looked at me like a stranger.

"You were going to shoot them"

She whispered but it was wretched, I was a disappointment and she was going to die being the angel who played too hard alongside the devil, two souls entwined where one was too pure for the other and one was slowly consuming the other to better his bad ways, but once again she had proven to be too good for me and this was my punishment, she had warned me if I had ever done this again I would lose her - I could have never of imagined that threat to be so literal.

"I'm so sorry, please i'm so sorry I didn't know you were there" I cried.

"Rafe, if it wasn't me it would have been one of them and someone would have to have gone through this" she leatured even in a moment like this she still found time to lecture me.

I looked over to see my dad still staring off into the direction of which Sarah and our fortune had gone, I couldn't care less - she took a bullet for them, they were the reason I had pulled a gun in the first place, she wouldn't have been here if they weren't - I don't even know where she came from.