Beauty And A Beat

DAISY DAWSON

After a fair few drinks with JJ, we decided to call it a night before it got messy, we talked for a couple hours but he never got boring- he really is a sweet boy. 

He offers to walk me home but I wasn't going to make him trek all the way back to "the cut". I was walking home - more like stumbling every few steps - when I got a text from Sarah.

Sarah

Get here now, Rafes invited half the island to our house, need you here!

Me: 

On my way.

If it wasn't for the alcohol clouding my better judgement I would've been reluctant to go to Rafe's party, however I rushed back to mine to get ready. 

As I entered my house, I already knew my parents would be in the living room right off to the side of the front door, I took a deep breath and did my best to act sober. 

"Hey darling" my dad turned his head in his armchair, 

"Hey dad" I said sharply almost spewing the words out worried if I said anything more he would sense I was already pissed -smooth daisy real smooth- 

Mums head turns as she hears me speak "Hi Daisy" she says leaning on dad's chest. 

"You alright? how was your day?" Dad asks, 

"Yeah I'm good, I'm just about to go to Sarah's, Rafe's having a party" 

"Alright" Mum states before turning her attention back to the TV. 

I took that as my que to leave, I head upstairs and rush into my room, quickly picking out an outfit.

I pull out some low waisted denim jeans and a slivery slinky top - this will do - I put my hair in a crocodile clip keeping the hair off my face, I laver some mascara on and some sparkly lip gloss. 

Once feeling half decent, I head back downstairs to get my shoes on and leave asap. 

I reach the door "See you later Daisy" I hear my dad shout from the living room, 

"Bye" I say as I open the door and head towards Sarah's.

I could already hear the music as soon as I exited my front door, nerves started to flutter my stomach. I turn towards the gate leading to the party. 

People flooded the front garden, I confidently walk through the groups of people, smiling at anyone who was staring. 

I search for Sarah as I got inside. I finally spot her in the crowd dancing with Top. She clearly saw me as I heard her shriek "Daisy!" she runs up and hugs me, I could tell she was already pissed. 

"Let's get you a drink" she pulls me towards the island which was filled will all kinds of spirits. I grab a bottle of vodka pouring it into my red solo cup, topping it up with some lemonade.

I take a sip and wonder my eyes around the room, I see Rafe in a coral polo shirt sitting at a coffee table with multiple girls surrounding him - he's popular tonight- he laughed at something, and all the girls followed laughing loudly and over the top, I rolled my eyes taking a sip of my drink as I walked out of view of them.

After a few more drinks and a bit more mingling I walked around to find Sarah - no luck - however I found myself  in the doorway of the room where Rafe was, everyone was sitting round a glass table leaning over forming and snorting lines. 

I stood against the door frame a few moments longer when I saw the girl who was sitting next to Rafe get up with her friends and leave out the back door.