In-between Days

DAISY DAWSON

I enter the Cameron's house once again, the place was still a state.

I walk in further to see Sarah cleaning the floor near the patio doors, this was a perfect time to return Rafe's top. 

I quickly run up the stairs heading straight towards Rafe's room, the door was closed, kind of hoping he wasn't in there so I can return it in peace. 

I slowly open the door, poking my head in, scanning the area to see if Rafe was in sight, he wasn't. 

I walk in placing the folded top on his bed and turn straight back round to the door.

"What are you doing Daisy?" 

-FUCK- I hear Rafe voice from behind, I turn around with a smile on my face seeing him standing by the balcony door. 

"Just returning your top" I say honestly whilst pointing to his bed. 

"Uh yeah " he walks past me into his En suit, he walks back out.

"I still have yours" he hands it to me, our hands brush momentarily, we both just stare at each other -God he has such an effect on me - 

"Thank you " I spoke up.

"No worries" he said smiling briefly before he left his room.

The three us - mostly Sarah and I - cleaned for the next couple hours, I was attempting to move the furniture back into its rightful place, the couch was defeating me I was pushing on one end of it but it wouldn't budge , I hear a sniggering behind me - I didn't even have to turn around to see who it was -

I stand up huffing out of annoyance that he's watching me struggle. I turn to see him leaning against the door frame a smile plastered on his face 

"You gonna help?" I questioned. 

He pushed himself of the doorframe "You know I was enjoying just watching" he almost laughed at himself.

I rolled my eyes "Fine"

I turned away from him, bending over to push the coach again, I hear him inhale sharply - probably trying not to laugh again, asshole. - until I feel a body press against the back of mine and a pair of strong arms slither beside mine. 

He nestled against my neck bringing his mouth to my ear, I was completely encapsulated by him I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

"I guess I could help you " he spoke in a low husky voice - I didn't like this game he was playing , besides Sarah could walk in any second and have a few questions to ask

A smirk grew across my face as I slowly pressed back into him, playing him at his own game, he straightened up so I leant my head back onto his shoulder.

"Oh there's many ways you could help me" he grunted putting his hands on my waist to move me to the side.

I gasped at the sudden movement, in one strong push he completely shifted the coach back into place before rushing off upstairs - I win I guess- 

I finished picking up the last few plastic cups from outside, after many hours of cleaning, I headed back into the kitchen to place them in the bin. 

Rafe never came back downstairs so after the house was back in shape I decided to head home to unwind for the rest of the late afternoon and evening.

"Thank you so much Dais you were a life saver today" Sarah said embracing me in a hug. 

"No don't worry about it" I said hugging her back.

I left the Cameron house happy that I could just go home and enjoy my own company - it had been so hectic since I moved I haven't had a moment to myself - the evening had rolled in and the air had a chill to it.

I grabbed a blanket and my current read and headed out onto my balcony taking seat on my wicker chair, the sky had a purple tinge to it at this time, not quite sunset but not quite night, I took a deep breath using this time to fully accept this week. 

After around 20 minutes of being engrossed in my book, night had completely fallen making it hard to see the pages in front of me, I got up turning on my balcony light before returning to my previous position, I cuddled up in my blanket and stared at the marsh - I could've done this for hours - the lights of the surrounding houses were more noticeable now. 

I just stayed there for a while in complete peace, until I looked over to the house opposite -fuck

He was resting against the edge of the balcony staring right at me -how long had he been there- 

I had never realised our rooms nearly completely aligned, he didn't seem to shy away once I noticed him, even from this distance I could feel his eyes over me, it wasn't the type of stare to make me uncomfortable it was more of an admirable stare the type that would make girls giddy but not me.

I think he likes to think he has the upper hand, that he's in control in this world and everyone lays down before him - and maybe they did - but I don't know I didn't feel like he would ever try to truly belittle me. 

Sure, he would play his games and try to act intimidating but after all that he seemed to like when I argued back or challenged him. 

I felt comfortable in his gaze, he stared across to me as if he was revising my appearance, like if he looked away, he would forget my entire existence and have to relearn every feature I owned. 

He snapped out of it and pulled out his phone leaning over his balcony engaged in it - guess the moments over - I began to gather my things and head back inside when I felt a buzz in my pocket, I pulled out my phone.

Unknown: 

Hey

I looked up to see him smiling at me clearly proud of his stunt, I laughed before replying.

Me: 

how did you get my number?

I looked up at him again as the text hit his phone, his head dipped between his shoulders as he read it, he smirked and began typing.

Rafe: 

stole it from Sarah's phone earlier ;)

I rolled my eyes looking up at him unimpressed.

Me: 

Of course, you did.

Rafe: 

Wow you even have an attitude over text.

I shot daggers at him across from across the balconies, he put his hands up in surrender. We texted back and forth for the next 15 minutes before I decided to call it a night.

Me: 

I'm going in now, need to get some sleep.

I stood up, still wrapped in my blanket and grabbed my things when my phone buzzed again.

Rafe: 

Fine, I'll see you tomorrow

Me: 

Will you?

Rafe: 

Yeah I will, goodnight.

I looked at him a final time as he smiled and headed inside, I stayed staring at the empty balcony a few moments longer then made my way to my bed, I flopped onto it - What did he mean?

I wouldn't let myself get into it tonight so without another thought I went to bed.

-----

Authors Note 

BORING AND RAFES A CREEP BC WHY THE MF STARING AT HER FROM HIS BALCONY.

LOVE YOU POOKIES 

XOXOXO