Take Me Home Tonight

DAISY DAWSON

Moving away to a new house is difficult. 

But moving away from your hometown and life was worse. 

Today I packed up my life memories in brown cardboard boxes, I'd never succumbed to the thought of ever leaving this house, this house was my childhood home, the memories I made in this house will never be forgotten - we were happy here - I just can't believe my life is gonna change after spending the entirety of my life in this small town on the outskirts of London.

When I found out we were moving to America, my first instinct wasn't the happiest. I didn't want to leave my whole life behind. But there was no way out of this one as my father got promoted for his job in North Carolina and of course he accepted it. No surprise my family wanted to leave right away. Not thinking about how much me and my brothers have to leave behind.  

The amount of tears I cried, the amount of long conversations I have had with my friends about when I will next see them. Feels like a lifetime away when we get to fly back to London so I can finally feel some type of reality again.

It took me days and days to finally get the motivation to start packing.

My weekend in bed was ruined when my mum came storming in, ruining the last few moments of peace, I was so desperately trying to embrace.

"Pack!, we leave in two days and you need this room empty by tomorrow" she demands.
The thought of having to pack every single thing from this room ached my brain and my body.

So I did what she said and started packing. Tears would fall down my face every so often when I would pack away a memory which I may never experience again.

By the time my drawers and wardrobe were uncomfortably vacant, I moved on to the rest of my room, it's hard to think by the end of this week I'll be in a new country, new town, new people and new experiences.