For The First Time

DAISY DAWSON

I dashed upstairs to  take a quick shower, I started to look through my wardrobe trying to find the right outfit for my first night, I stumbled across a white scoop neck top I had bought recently at home whilst trying to fill a wardrobe for a whole new climate, I paired in with some denim shorts hoping this was a casual affair. 

Surprisingly I was happy with the outcome feeling rather good about myself I touched up on some light makeup and curled my hair. 

I finally felt ready and put together when my phone went off.

Sarah:

Daisy!!! Where are you! x

- Shit, I look at the time.

6:30

I quickly leave my room, speeding down the spiral stairs trying to avoid falling down. 

Once I reached the front door, I slipped my shoes on but before I could open it and avoid talking to my family, I hear a light cough come from behind me. 

"Where are you off to Daisy?" His deep tone asks.

 I turn around seeing my father, unsure of what he thinks as he looks at my attire.  

"There's a party down at the beach, Sarah asked me to join." I grin.

He smiles with relief knowing I have company from next door.

"I see, have fun darling, please come back home in one piece." He walks over embracing me in his arms. 

I hug back and hum in response as he place a light kiss on my head. 

"I do wish you would wear something less revealing." He states. 

"Yes dad, but this is a party and I've got to make a good impression" I smile.

 He simply smiles and nods waving me goodbye as he leaves for the kitchen. 

I sigh opening the door to the warm evening breeze.

I walk out of my driveway and turn towards the house next door, my nerves starting to creep up on me as I see Sarah waiting at gate of hers. 

- Pull yourself together Daisy 

As I look up, I see her face beaming as my eyes join with hers. 

"Daisy!" she pulled me into a hug like we've been friends for years.

"Come on, let's get going" we headed off to the beach.

"Would you like a drink?" Sarah asks, pulling out a hip flask from her small leather bag, which no doubt cost her thousands.

"Yes please" 

She passes me the flask, I take a big gulp as I see the beach coming into view, I feel the alcohol burn my throat, but it was the right amount to get me started for the night. 

"Be prepared Daisy, this party will get very hectic if my brother and his friends are there, so if you need anyone you can always stick with me" she states.