Chapter 8

A/N: Wow, this has been a long time coming- thanks for sticking with me guys, I'll have some more time to write now so hopefully I can update more often- I make no promises though! Hope you like this chapter!! Also, you should really check out the band Tonight Alive, they're Australian and their music is fabulous :)

Love always, 

Alex 

 ------------

'Oh my god.' I was lost for words. I was standing in the middle of the most amazing recording studio I had ever seen. The walls were covered with old records and framed tour posters. There were big, comfy leather couches, rows of guitars, drums and amps that filled the space. But before me was the real wow factor- the sound booth with it's control panels and a single microphone and pair of headphones in the middle, just begging to be used. 

I turned and grinned at Calum, 'You record here?' I asked in wonder, running my hand along the guitar strings making a gentle twanging noise. He nodded, 'Here,' he said, handing me an acoustic guitar and opening the sound booth door, 'record something.' 

'Cal I don't think I-' 

'It's alright, go ahead.' He smiled reassuringly. 

Cautiously, I walked into the room, the soft carpet cushioning my converse cladded feet. I hopped up onto the stool and placed the headphones over my ears. Cal gave me a thumbs up from the other side of the glass. 

Clearing my throat, I spoke into the microphone. 'Um, I'm Alissa Mitchell, this is a cover of 'Amelia' by Tonight Alive.' I started singing into the mic, this was one of my all time favourites. For the first part I was super conscious of Calum's presence, but I soon stopped worring if I was off key or mesing up. I closed my eyes and let the emotions from the past year wash over me like a tidal wave. 

When the song came to an end, I opened my eyes to look at Calum through the glass. He was gazing down at his phone, tapping away at the keyboard furiously. Of course, did I really expect hime to give me a chance? 

I sauntered back into the room and he looked up, smiling. 'That was incredible Liss!' he exclaimed. 

'Yeah, you would know,' I mumbled, staring at my feet. He frowned and went to say something but was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. Accepting the call, he handed it to me. 

'You found someone!? Thank god, the tour starts soon!' came an unrecognizable voice from the other end. 

'Um, sorry who is this?' I spoke, slighlty confused. 

'Oh sorry! This is Harry, Harry from One Direction I mean.' said the voice. 

'And?...' I waited for him to continue. 

'And you are Alissa Mitchell! Our second support for our upcoming tour! Welcome aboard girl, you're in for one hell of a ride!'

Comment, Rate, Fan!! xx

Copyright alex21bee 2013