The Doorway to Hope

After numerous attempts to get through the gate by the Demon King's feet, they still weren't any closer than the first time. Getting back to the real world seemed more difficult and impossible than they thought.

Meliodas sits up after being knocked unconscious from the last attack. 'Ow, that hurt.' he says rubbing his head and then the blond looks around before catching sight of Ban and Wild sitting by a bonfire. 'Where's that bastard Demon King?'

Ban who was holding a piece of meat on a stick shrugs. 'Far away from us, that's for sure.' he answers with a smile.

Wild snorts. 'That's true. Technically, the only reason he's nowhere near us is because he blew us away.' he says while also eating some meat. Meliodas blinks, well that didn't sound good.

Meliodas looks down at his sister who is leaning against the same rock he was sitting on, still knocked out from the fight. The male sighs frustrated making Ban glance at him. 'Maybe going back to the other world isn't something I'm supposed to do.' he says with a sad smile.

Wild after hearing that quickly stands up. 'Why would you say something like that? You don't strike me as someone who would just give up.' Wild asks surprised before he huffs. 'I won't ever stop trying until the day I see my brother, Sir Meliodas! Don't you have someone that you want to see too?!' he shouts, Meliodas didn't know if he was mad or just concerned.

Meliodas shakes his head. 'Don't get me wrong. I absolutely want you two to make it back.' the blond says with a small smile. 'But it's a different story for me...'

Meliodas looks down. 'It's M/n. Because he's under a curse, he always has to suffer badly.' he whispers with a frown. 'That's why he'd be better off if... if I didn't...'

'Shut up!' Ban bonks Meliodas on his head and smirks. 'The curse has already been triggered, dumbass.' he states but it didn't exactly make him feel better. Ban stands up and takes a seat beside his best friend. 'And do you actually think that mage of yours would agree to something as tragic as that?'

Ban laughs. 'Besides that's never gonna happen.'

Meliodas looks up at him with a questioning gaze. 'Why is that?'

Ban looks back at him and grins. 'Do you really think M/n would let you stay here? If I go back without you, I just know that he'll kill me on the spot.' he states making Meliodas look down again, this time with a small smile. 'Besides, you'll just hurt him more if you do that.'

Ban sighs deeply and leans back. 'Listen you didn't hear it from me but when M/n came back with Elizabeth after you took them away, he seemed rather upset.' he says making Meliodas furrow his eyebrows. 'Must've been something you did or said. Honestly, that was the first time I've seen him like that.'

Meliodas frowns thoughtfully. 'What could I possibly have said?' he whispers to himself, hurting M/n is something he never wanted to do or did. But then again he was in the assault version of himself.

'I guess you'll have to ask him yourself.' Ban says with a grin before wrapping his arms around Meliodas's shoulders and pulling him close to his side. 'Listen, you and me are gonna get out of here and save our lovers, no matter what.' Meliodas didn't look at ban. 'You're gonna break the curses and as for me.' he gives him a side grin. 'I'm gonna bring Elaine back to life!'

Ban gives Meliodas a hard pat on his shoulder sending the blond flying until he hits Wild's soft and hairy body. 'I only said it because it's not that simple.' the blond says, his voice muffled by Wild's body. He slowly removes himself from the beast. 'But you might be exactly right.'

.

.

'That was tiring.' He says with a satisfied sigh while dropping himself on his bed. He smiles happily. 'I worked so much.'