10-It hurts a lot, though

↜3rd Person Pov↝

Running up to Netero, (Y/N) took note of how he shifted his weight, clearly expecting her to attack from the front. Taking this opportunity, she sped up, suddenly standing behind him.

Netero turned his head, just in time to see (Y/N) reaching for the ball in his hand. He dodged, causing her to fall over. She quickly caught herself, twisting her body in a way that allowed her to use the momentum created by her fall to move forwards.

Imagining two daggers in her hands, she took the right stance for that specific fighting style, dashing towards the Chairman. He was surprised by her ability to adapt so quickly, but he was able to easily dodge her once more.

Her eyes scanned the room, finding nothing that she could use as a weapon. Getting a sudden idea, she charged at Netero once again, throwing a punch his way. He, again, moved to the side, causing her fist to hit the ground, breaking parts of the wooden floor with ease.

"Woah!" called Gon out, watching her fight with wide eyes. (Y/N) picked up a few pieces of wood, throwing them at Netero at incredible speeds. But still, the Chairman dodged. Taking the small window she had created, (Y/N) disappeared into his blindspot, reaching for the ball in his hand.

It took Netero a second longer than he would like to admit to notice her. But as soon as he did, he jumped back, avoiding her completely. Staring at the old man before her, she said: "I don't have anything else. And sorry for breaking the floor."

Netero smiled, saying: "It's alright. You did great. You got really close there." "Killua, Gon, I'm sorry." she apologized, her arms dropping to her side. She took in a deep breath as Gon said: "Don't worry!"

She walked back over to her friends, saying: "Alright, your turn, Gon." "Wish me luck!" he said, walking towards Netero. While Gon began stretching, (Y/N) turned to face the white haired boy.

"You okay?" she asked him, looking at his bruised leg. His cheeks took a light shade of red as he answered: "Yeah, I am. This is nothing." "I know. Just wanted to check, though." she replied, smiling at him, causing him to look away.

He hesitated to speak up, then decided to do so. "That wasn't everything you had, right?" he asked her, to which she hummed. "Of course not. But it feels a bit off to fight without a weapon. Besides, we never stood a chance."

"I figured." "You can really use the rhythm echo well. Better than that guy I once defeated." she told him, watching Gon. Killua looked over at her, asking: "You fought someone who knew that technique?" "Sure did. A lot of strong people fall back to not-so moral actions for money."

She suddenly burst out laughing, causing Killua to look back towards Gon and Netero. Apparently, Gon had tried to attack from above, and ended up jumping too high, hitting his head on the ceiling.

"Ow!" Killua yelled: "Idiot! We know that you can jump really high Control your strength!" (Y/N) held her stomach, saying: "Man, that was funny! Gon, you did great! Gramps let his guard down for a second!" Gon chuckled, saying: "I messed up there."

↜Time skip: three hours later↝

↜3rd Person Pov↝

"You got this, Killua!" cheered (Y/N), standing next to Gon, the two of them out of breath. Killua tried to reach for the ball in the Chairman's hand, only to have Netero throw the ball at the wall, blocking Killua off with his back.

Holding his nose in pain, Killua glared at the old man, who said: "You guys aren't getting anywhere. Why not attack simultaneously?" "Why, you..." started Killua, angry that he would belittle them like this.

"Okay... I'll get you this time!" called Gon out, getting ready to join them. "You coming, (Y/N)?" She brushed a few strands of hair out of her face, saying: "I don't have any experience fighting in a group, but I'll do my best."

With that, the two of them dashed towards Netero, who quickly blocked Gon by pushing his head onto the ground. (Y/N) went to grab the ball that was now flying, but Netero swiftly caught it, causing her to trip over Gon.

That continued for quite some time, with Netero straight up toying with the trio. He was entertained, and that was all that mattered to him. He grinned smugly, watching as Gon charged at him again.

He kicked his shoe off, catching the Chairman off-guard. Then, Killua appeared behind Netero, managing to land a kick, causing the old man to let go of the ball. Taking this opportunity, (Y/N) jumped after the ball, saying: "I got it!"

"Not quite." said Netero, kicking the ball up and away from her. As he was about to catch it, Gon used his second shoe to kick the ball further away from the Chairman. "You and your little tricks!" said Netero, surprised that they came up with something like this.

"You two go! I'll hold him off!" said (Y/N), watching as the boys passed her. She stood in front of the Chairman, blocking his way. However, Netero had no intention of actually letting them win this.

So, he dashed forwards at an incredible speed, knocking all three of them out of the way. Now holding the ball again, Netero grinned, saying. "I commend you on your efforts." "You're amazing, Netero! Really amazing!" said Gon, smiling brightly.

That's when Netero noticed something. He looked down at his arm, the one he used to hold the ball up. A bruise was starting to form, confusing him greatly. He then smiled once more, saying: "You really are a talented fighter."

"You... You managed to hit him?" asked Gon, looking at (Y/N), who was panting, yet smiled proudly. "I did." she answered, shaking her dominant hand, adding: "It hurts a lot, though."

"Forget it. I give up. I lose!" said Killua, starting to walk towards the exit. "Huh? Why? We still have time. And just now, we came really close." said Gon, watching as Killua grabbed his white shirt off the ground.

(Y/N) frowned as Killua said: "Jeez. You really have no clue, do you? The old man has barely used his right hand and his left leg." "What?!" asked Gon, clearly surprised. "But we're still powerless against him. We could chase him around for a year, and never take the ball from him." said Killua.

"I mean, yeah. He's the Chairman. We never stood a chance to begin with." said (Y/N), shrugging her shoulders. "I really thought I fooled you." stated Netero, to which Killua said: "You really know how to piss me off, old man. Let's go (Y/N), Gon!"

"Oh, I'm gonna play a little longer." replied Gon, to which Killua ran up to him, asking: "Didn't you hear what I said?! It's useless! You won't be able to take the ball from him!" "Yeah! I don't care about the ball. We've only used up half of the time limit. I'm gonna make Netero use his right hand before the time runs out."

(Y/N) smiled at him, patting his shoulder, saying: "You do that, Gon! I'm gonna go with Killua, okay? I need a little break." "Sure, I don't mind." replied Gon, returning her smile. "Good luck!" she called, starting to walk towards the door.

Killua remained in his position for a moment longer, then said: "I see. Good luck. I'm getting some sleep." Gon only nodded, watching as both of his friends left.