9-But I like hugs

↜Killua Pov↝

So she's a Gladiator, huh? That explains everything. She's physically strong simply because she had to fight every day. She had to fight in order to survive. And if she lost, she was thrown onto the street, where she probably ate things a human shouldn't eat. Hence the poison immunity.

She's... not so different from me. Huh.

"I'm sorry for oversharing. I should've just kept quiet, huh? I... need a little space." said (Y/N), starting to walk away from us. I stared after her, trying to find the right words to say.

Before I could do so, Gon said: "You don't have to worry! We're not scared of you." She stopped in her tracks, refusing to look back at us. I quickly said: "Yeah, we're not. Otherwise, we would've left you behind long ago. You were freaky to begin with.", while I shrugged my shoulders.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't leave her behind. She just caught my interest. Even if I now know why she is the way that she is... The way her eyes sparkle whenever she sees something new, the way her smile lights up a room, the way she throws herself into new situations without any hesitation... I could never...

"I could never abandon you." I said out loud, watching as she slowly turned around to face us. Gon smiled, walking a few steps closer to her. He said: "Killua's right! You're (Y/N)- our friend!"

I was able to watch how her eyes widened, tears starting to form. But she never let them loose. Instead, she lowered her head, quietly asking: "You're not lying, are you?" "Of course not." I replied, approaching her.

Placing a hand onto her head, I said: "We're never going to toss you aside. Right, Gon?" "That was never an option!" he said, smiling brightly. (Y/N) lifted her head, her cheeks tainted with a light, pinkish color.

Before I knew it, she had thrown herself at us, trapping both me and Gon in a tight hug. I was once again reminded of how strong she really is as she hugged us. "Wow, you're so strong!" said Gon, still smiling as he returned her hug.

"Thank you... Thank you, Killua, Gon. I'm... I'm so happy!" she said, a bright smile replacing the frown on her face as she looked at us with her beautiful, (e/c) eyes, a spark in them that was completely unique to her.

I felt my face heating up as she let go of us. I quickly turned to look away from them, not wanting them to notice. "So embarrassing..." I trailed off, to which Gon laughed, with (Y/N) saying: "But I like hugs! They're sweet and warm."

↜3rd Person Pov↝

They kept on fooling around, laughing and joking, all three of them smiling brightly. Netero walked by them, his eyes resting on the trio for a moment. Deciding he wanted to test them, he released a tiny amount of his nen.

Immediately, the three turned to look behind them, only to find no one there. "Something wrong?" asked Netero, approaching them from the other side of the hallway. (Y/N) stared at him, taking a step to the front, wanting to protect her friends.

She could tell. He was incredibly powerful. That's probably why he was given the position as Chairman in the first place. "Uhm, Netero, did you see anyone coming from that side?" asked Gon, pointing to where Netero had been just a few seconds prior.

"No." he answered, really putting on a great act. (Y/N) glanced over at Killua, who thought the same as her. 'When did he get there?'

"You're pretty fast for an old man." stated Killua, deciding to confront him about it. "That little trick? I barely moved." answered Netero, to which (Y/N) said: "You sure? Seemed pretty impressive to me, Gramps."

They then had a staring match, while Gon was completely lost, looking between his friends and the Chairman. Killua finally broke the silence by asking: "What do you want? You don't have to do anything until the last phase, right?"

"No need to be so unkind. I got bored, and was looking for some companions. By the way, I meant to ask the three of you... Any thoughts on your first attempt at the Hunter Examination?" asked Netero back.

Gon smiled, saying: "Uh-huh! It's fun! And there haven't been any of the written exams I was dreading." (Y/N) answered: "I'm having fun, and it's pretty easy, so I like it." Killua said: "I'm disappointed... I expected the Exam to be far more difficult. I assume the next phase will be more entertaining?"

Netero said: "Well, now... I wouldn't know about that." Turning around, Killua said: "Let's go, (Y/N), Gon." (Y/N) turned to walk with him, while Gon remained in place as Netero said: "Now wait just a moment."

They stopped, and Netero asked: "Would you care to play a game with me?" "Oh, a game? I like games!" said (Y/N), smiling as she turned to face the Chairman. "A game?" repeated Gon curiously.

"If you're able to defeat me, I shall let you be Hunters!" stated Netero, causing Gon's eyes to widen. "Really? I'll play!" "Me, too!" called (Y/N), nodding her head. Netero looked at Killua, asking: "How about it, eh?" "You have to join in, too, Killua!" encouraged (Y/N), taking his hand and pulling him closer to them.

↜(Y/N) Pov↝

I bounced in place as Netero said: "Now, I'll go over the rules of the game. If you can take this ball from me, before the airship reaches it's destination, you win. I believe that we're scheduled for an 8 AM arrival? Well, that still gives you nine hours. You're free to attack me however you'd like. I won't touch you."

"Huh? That's too easy." said Gon, adding: "You can't call that a game." "It's not easy." I said, pointing at the old man. "Can't you see it? He's powerful. Strong and fast, too." Gon eyed the Chairman, then said: "I just see Netero." "That's what I mean." I said, looking back over at Gon.

"Why not give it a try first?" suggested Netero, to which Killua asked: "We just have to take the ball?" "Yeah." "Then I'll go first." "Go ahead."

With that, Killua began to walk at a steady pace, his eyes focused on Netero. All of a sudden, it was like he multiplied. "I see lots of Killuas!" called Gon out, holding onto my shoulder, as to ask if I was seeing it, too.

I nodded, saying: "Me, too. I've seen this technique before. It's tricky if you don't expect it from your opponent." We watched as Killua circled Netero for a bit, then decided to reach for the ball in his hand.

However, Netero simply dodged, managing to hold Killua back a few times. I watched in awe, taking note of how fast Killua moved. I knew that he was strong, but if he's this fast... If I were to fight him...

Killua slid across the ground, kicking Netero with all that he got. But instead of Netero falling over, Killua got up and held his leg in pain, a bruise already starting to form.

I walked up to Killua, saying: "I'll go next. You can rest." "Thanks." he said, going back to Gon, who was curiously watching. I took a fighting stance I was very familiar with. I have two options. One, I fight him off with pure strength. Two, with speed. "Alright, I'm ready."