3-That damned clown

Hello, everyone!

Here's a double-update for you <3

Hope you'll enjoy!!

-Shuzuku Higami

↜♡❖♡↝

↜3rd Person Pov↝

"These wetland creatures will use every trick in the book to fool their prey. An ecosystem in which creatures obtain food through deceit... Hence the name Swindlers Swamp. Stay very close to me so you won't be deceived." explained the examiner.

Leorio got up from the ground, saying: "What a joke. How can they fool us, when we're expecting it?" "Don't let them fool you!" called someone out, startling most of the applicants.

"I just said that they can't." noted Leorio, everyone turning to look at the person who had warned them. It was a man, who was dirty and wounded. "D-Don't fall for it... He's lying to you! He's not the examiner. I'm the real examiner." he called out, pointing at Satotz.

Looking between them, (Y/N) released a sigh, crouching down. She began to doodle in the dirt, gaining Killua's attention. He mirrored her position, crouching down next to her, watching her hand move across the ground.

"You're not worried?" he asked her, causing her to look at him. Her (e/c) eyes held something that was so familiar to him. It took him a moment to realize what it was. Her eyes were very beautiful, he had to admit that. But they lacked the innocence that any normal person would have. Take Gon for example.

His eyes were always shining, too pure and innocent for this world. But hers? She had seen some things a child shouldn't. But he himself wasn't any better. Killua had seen and done things not even an adult should do. And yet, here he was.

"Why should I be?" asked (Y/N), bringing him out of his thoughts. She added: "I can tell with a single glance. The posture, the footing, the way they talk... everything can show just how strong someone is. It's quite simple once you've seen some really strong people."

"Have you?" he asked her, a bit surprised that the question slipped past his lips. Without looking at him, she answered: "Yeah." Seeing that he only got a single word as a reply, he decided to drop it. If she wanted to tell him more, then she would.

He was about to stand up, as he sensed something coming their way. His eyes sharpened as he looked up, just in time to see a single card flying towards them. He could tell that it wasn't aimed at him. It was aimed at (Y/N).

He reached out towards the card, wanting to stop it from hurting her. But even he knew that he wouldn't make it in time. The card was too fast, and he hadn't been cautious enough. She would be hit, and if this attack was coming from a place of malice, she might not survive it.

"That damned clown." said (Y/N) in a rather dark tone, having effortlessly caught the playing card. Staring at her for a moment, he watched as she took a quick look at the card. "The ace of spades, huh?"

"What was that?" asked Killua, letting his arm drop back to his side. (Y/N) looked at him, showing him the card. She answered: "There's this clown guy that I met while running. I don't know what he wants, though."

The Ace of Spades is a symbol of strength. Was it by chance that he had thrown this card her way, or was it planned? Either way, she now wanted even more distance from him.

Clicking her tongue, she got up, glaring in his direction. Killua could feel her sudden bloodlust, causing him to tense up. Her eyes darkened, and she readied herself to throw the card back.

It flew incredibly fast, aiming straight for the pink haired man. He was able to move to the side at the last second, but not without the card grazing his skin, leaving a small cut. The clown smiled at the young girl, going back to talking to Satotz.

Tightening her hands into fists, (Y/N) took in a deep breath, calming down again. Once she was back to her usual self, she turned to look at Killua, who was more than just surprised by her raw strength.

Sure, he could do that just as easily, but he was a trained assassin. Just who was this girl? "Ah, I'm sorry! You... probably think I'm a freak now. I'm a bit stronger than the average person, you see." she said, a sad smile on her lips as she turned her head, avoiding eye contact.

Catching himself staring at her, he quickly said: "No, it's fine! I don't think you're a freak." 'Quite the opposite.' he thought, but didn't dare say it out loud. He was interested in her. In her upbringing, her strength, (Y/N) in general.

He wanted to know just who she is.

"For real?" she asked, a bit hesitant. Her eyes found the ground as she muttered: "No one ever said that I wasn't a freak." Killua had heard her, but he didn't question her further on that.

Instead, he smiled warmly at her, saying: "For real. I never lied to you, or have I?" Her (e/c) eyes went wide as she lifted her head to look at him. "I mean... I guess you're right. Yeah, you're right! I can trust you, can't I?" she said, smiling brightly at him.

She then did what he didn't expect. She threw her arms around him, hugging him. Now completely taken back, Killua froze in place. For one, because he didn't expect this of her. For another, she was seriously strong, her warm embrace almost crushing his arms.

"Thank you, Killua. You and Gon are my first ever friends." she admitted, letting the boy go. He had a reddish hue on his face as he looked away from her, rubbing the back of his neck. "That's embarrassing." he said, to which she replied: "No, it's nice."

"(Y/N)! Killua!" called Gon out, standing a bit away from them. It was only then that the two of them noticed that everyone had began moving again. "Oh, I didn't listen. What did we miss, Gon?" asked (Y/N), walking after her friend, with Killua following after them. They easily caught up with the others.

"That tall guy killed the man-faced ape that was claiming to be Satotz. We have to be careful because of the creatures here." explained Gon shortly, walking in between his new-found friends.