7-I wanna try

↜3rd Person Pov↝

Flying in the airship, the applicants were able to look down at a mountain that was split in half. It was even called Mt. Split-in-half. Once they had landed on top of the mountain, the applicants were able to look into the huge split of the mountain.

"A Spider Eagle's web." stated Menchi, looking at the many webs that were attached to the stone walls. "Oh, I've never seen one of those before." stated (Y/N), her eyes sparkling as she went to step closer to the edge, only to have both of the boys hold her back, telling her off.

A sudden gust of wind appeared, causing them to quiet down. "Look below the web. Those are Spider Eagle eggs." noted Menchi, to which most of the applicants stared in awe.

"Spider Eagles build their webs in deep ravines, to protect their eggs from predators. This makes their eggs one of the most difficult ingredients to obtain. The eggs are also known as dream eggs." explained Netero, looking at the applicants.

"W-Wait a moment... You don't mean we-" started one applicant, to which Menchi said: "I sure do." "What?!" With that, Menchi jumped off the cliff, holding onto one of the webs.

The way she did it so easily seemed almost hypnotic- the applicants just had to keep their eyes on her. "Even if she can grab some eggs, how will she climb back up?" asked Leorio, voicing most of their thoughts.

All of a sudden, she let go of the web, falling towards the eggs she had targeted. She grabbed one of the eggs as she fell, vanishing from everyone's view.

"She... She jumped down! Is she trying to kill herself?" asked Leorio, while Kurapika said: "No, she's not." And just a second later, that gush of wind appeared again, bringing Menchi with her.

With wide, sparkling eyes, the three children smiled brightly. Killua said: "That looks fun..." "I wanna try." stated (Y/N), holding onto both of their shoulders.

"This ravine has updrafts that help the hatched chicks fly up to the web." explained Netero, while Menchi landed perfectly next to him. She held the egg up, saying: "There. Now I just need to boil the egg."

"Y-You must be joking." said the guy that she was beefing with earlier. "No reasonable person would jump down there..." It was then that two screams were heard, followed by a bunch of people gasping.

Quickly looking over, Netero grinned as he said: "That girl has potential." Leorio stared with wide eyes as Kurapika said: "Gon! Killua! (Y/N), you...!"

Falling through the air, the young girl let out a hearty laugh, her (h/c) hair flowing with the wind. Gon began to smile as well, while Killua glared at their female companion.

"You could've warned us." he told her, to which she only grinned, saying: "But this is so much fun!" He only smiled at her, shaking his head lightly as he began to enjoy the fall.

"They're crazy... No, (Y/N)'s crazy." said Leorio, looking over at Kurapika. "We better join them." he replied, and the two of them quickly jumped after their friends.

Applicant after applicant went to jump down after them, while Menchi tried to stop them, saying: "Wait! I haven't finished explaining everything!" Her words fell onto deaf ears, as everyone that wanted to pass had already jumped down.

They were hanging onto the web, some starting to drop down, wanting to grab an egg. "Let's go." said Leorio, to which Gon quickly replied: "Not yet." "Why not?" "There's no wind. There isn't always an updraft." answered Killua, all of them looking down.

"When's the next one?" asked (Y/N), clearly eager to continue this task. "Wait." repeated Gon, to which she nodded, saying: "Alright. I trust you, Gon." He smiled at her, then closed his eyes, focusing.

The web the five of them were holding onto was about to fall. "The web won't hold us all!" called Kurapika out, panicking slightly. "I can let go if you want to." said (Y/N) nonchalantly, to which Killua immediately said: "Don't do that, idiot! Gon, not yet?"

Some more contestants began to drop down, not wanting the webs to rip off the walls and throw them to their deaths. "It's gonna snap!" yelled Leorio, looking at his friend with wide eyes.

"Now!" called Gon out, and the five of them let go of the web, free falling once more. The rest did as well, and everyone grabbed an egg as they fell. And just a few seconds later, a gust of wind appeared, pushing everyone up.

Giggling, (Y/N) hugged her egg close to her chest, not wanting to drop it. "Look at this view!" she called out, taking in their surroundings. From their current position, they were able to overlook quite a lot of land and forest.

After they all landed, Menchi got right to boiling the eggs. Each contestant that had brought an egg got to eat it, and it was incredible. "I can see why they're called dream eggs." noted Kurapika, taking another bite.

Gon even went and offered his egg to other contestants. Watching him, Killua said: "Now he won't get to eat his fill.", as he took a bite of his egg. (Y/N) looked down at her half-eaten egg, taking one last bite.

"Hey, Gon!" she called out, causing him to look at her. She waved him over, then handed him her egg, saying: "Here, you can have it." "But it's yours." said Gon, a kind smile on his face.

She grinned, saying: "It's fine, you deserve it. You're my friend!" "But-" "If you don't want it, I'll give it to Killua." she said, quickly adding: "I'm full anyways." Gon thought for a moment, then gladly accepted, saying: "Thank you, (Y/N)." "You're welcome." she replied, the two of them smiling at each other.

Killua quickly looked away, having caught himself staring. At her, out of everyone. He didn't understand it. Why were his eyes constantly wandering back over to her? Why was her voice like music to him? And why did her laughter always make him smile?

Was it that big of a mystery that he just wanted to figure her out? Sure, that was one part of it. He really did want to know who she really is and what she's hiding. No normal kid their age would have the amount of scars that she had covering her arms.

Taking the last bite of his egg, he turned his head once more, his eyes practically glued on her. She was getting scolded by Kurapika for carelessly jumping down the cliff and pulling Gon and Killua with her.