Tell Him to Come Out

In the end, after staring at Victoria's unaffected expression, Yasmin
reluctantly took her seat.

That being said, she couldn't help but vent her dissatisfaction as she bit her lip and fumed, "Didn't you hear what they
said, Miss Victoria? They went too far! I wish I could rip their tongues out."

"And?" Victoria asked calmly. "Start a fight just over a few words they said?
What will they say next? Is it going to be that not only was I forced to eat lunch at the cafeteria, but I even got into a fight with the other employees at the cafeteria because they hit a raw nerve?" Yasmin frowned.

"That wasn't my intention, Miss Victoria."

"I know that, of course, but do you think you can accomplish anything by
confronting them? Regardless of whether or not you fight back, there's no way for you to control what comes out of someone else's mouth."

Yasmin bit her lip.

"Well, I can't just sit back and listen to others spreading slander about you, Miss Victoria!"

Victoria was quite touched to see Yasmin getting furious on her behalf. She never thought that her cowardly-seeming assistant had a dominant side to her as well.

She let out a helpless sigh.

"It doesn't quite count as slander." Yasmin's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What are you saying, Miss Victoria?"

"They're not wrong. My family went bankrupt and we can't be of help to
Alaric."

"That's not true..." Yasmin continued to defend Victoria. "You being in the company is the greatest help there is, Miss Victoria. With your capabilities,
any company would soar to even greater heights with you around. What they're saying isn't true."

"That's enough." Victoria cut Yasmin off and said, "Just get on with your lunch. If you have so much energy, you might as well spend it on learning the job."

Since Victoria seemed completely unbothered, Yasmin didn't want to
comment further, so she suppressed her anger and carried on eating.

Once they were done, Victoria and Yasmin walked through the crowd and
left. All the while, Victoria's expression remained perfectly calm.

"Look at her acting as if she's unbothered. It looks as if she doesn't care that Mr. Cadogan's with another woman right now."

"Ich. What do you mean she doesn't care? But even if she does, would it matter? She'd still be abandoned anyway. She might as well keep her cool and maintain her dignity."

"I bet she'll start crying her eyes out as soon as she gets back to her office." The crowd at the cafeteria continued gossiping.

Alas, Victoria was about to disappoint them. When she got back to the office, she didn't have any time to wallow in tears and self-pity. She didn't even have time to dwell on these things that were supposed to upset her.

There was too much work and she was about to resign soon, so she had to find someone to replace her.

Even though she didn't plan on having anything to do with Alaric in the future, he did help her during her time of crisis, so she wanted to have an amicable separation.

Therefore, the moment the two women got back to the office, Victoria began assigning a lot of tasks to Yasmin.

Yasmin was shocked. "T-That much?
What if I can't finish everything?" Victoria didn't show her any empathy.

"You'll have to stay late then." Yasmin kept quiet. She dared not say anything, but she didn't think that Victoria was being hard on her either.