I'm Not Reluctant

Alaric invited two of his friends to join him for a drink.

He drank alcohol as if it were plain water.
When Norwood and West saw Alaric doing it, they were terrified.

"Can you stop him?" Norwood gave
West a look.

However, West helplessly shrugged when he heard that. "Do you think l'll be able to stop him?"

Norwood pressed his lips together solemnly. "He's already had a lot to drink. His health will suffer if he continues to drink."

West nodded approvingly. "You're right."
The next second, the two stepped forward to stop Alaric tacitly.

"Al, please stop drinking."

"That's more than enough if you're trying to get drunk. Just wait for the alcohol to kick in and you'll be out."

Despite their efforts to stop Alaric, they did not dare to touch the man.

They only used words to try to stop him.
Alaric sneered and didn't respond when he heard that. He had consumed too much alcohol, so he was acting all hostile and his eyes were red.

"What is his issue?" West blinked. "I thought Claudia had returned. Why isn't
Al spending more time with her instead of drinking his life away?"

Norwood figured it out. "I think because she returned that he couldn't accept it," he said after some thought.

West was initially perplexed. However, after some thought, he realized what was going on.

His eyes widened as he asked, "Do you mean..."

Norwood confirmed his friend's suspicions with a nod.

West couldn't help but frown when he saw the nod.

"That's true. Since Claudia has returned, Al will have to divorce Victoria. After all, the couple has spent a significant amount of time together. Al must be reluctant to part with Victoria."

While they were talking, Alaric's dark gaze fell on West. His eyes were as sharp as knives.

West felt a chill on his back and tremblingly asked, "W-What's the matter?"

Alaric's face was ferocious, like that of a wolf. "Did you say I'm reluctant to part with Victoria?"

West was stunned for a moment before pointing to Norwood. "No, I was referring to Norwood."

Norwood was irritated when West turned Alaric's attention to him.

Alaric grunted because he was confused.

"I'm not referring to you. Norwood is hesitant to part with his girlfriend, as I
stated."

With that, West poured Alaric another glass of alcohol and coaxed, "You are free to continue drinking. Please do not interrupt us while we are speaking."

Usually, West would not dare to do such a thing.

However, when Alaric was drunk, he was much easier to fool than sober.

West had previously observed Alaric when the man was intoxicated.

Although Alaric's gaze was fierce, he was not unusually sober. That was when West knew that Alaric was getting drunk.

Today, however, Alaric proved to be more difficult to deceive than West had anticipated.

"Are you trying to order me?"

West was too stunned to speak. What exactly is going on? Is he still not sufficiently drunk? Why does his mind remain clear?

displeasure. Then, he picked up the glass and drank it once more.