Already Defending Him?

"Now that you put it that way, it makes sense."

"It is a fact, to begin with. What young mistress would work as a secretary?"

"But I don't get it. Why a fake marriage?"

"I'm sure there's a reason. Word is that Miss Selwyn and Mr. Cadogan grew up together. Back then, when the Selwyns went bankrupt, Mr. Cadogan started dating her probably because he wanted to help her out. I mean, look at it. Is there anyone who dares bully Miss Selwyn now?"

"Is that so? Well, Mr. Cadogan sure is a great guy."

"I even heard that Mr. Cadogan has been waiting for Claudia Johnson's return all these years. I swear, only our boss is that loyal."

As the people gossiped, Victoria stood behind them and listened instead of stepping away.

She looked calm on the surface, as though she was not the topic of their gossip.

Soon, Noel pulled over at the entrance and rolled down the window, revealing his dashing looks. "C'mon, get in."

Just like that, Victoria entered his car under everyone's gazes, and it was
not after the vehicle had gone far that the people who gossiped came to
themselves.

"That was... Miss Selwyn, wasn't it?"

"I think so."

"Then, do you think she heard what we said earlier?"

"So what if she did? We're not the ones who spread the rumor. We heard from them. Besides, there's no wrong with what we've said. Are we not telling the truth? Otherwise, why wouldn't she correct us? She must be hiding something."

"She probably didn't know how to either. After all, that woman was sitting in Mr. Cadogan's car when he passed by."

The group continued gossiping as they looked at the car which had already gone far.

Meanwhile, Victoria rolled the window up impassively and watched the retreating trees and buildings with an extremely heavy heart as the employees' heated gossip replayed in her head, as well as... the blackCayenne that flashed past them.

"What's up? You look distracted," Noel asked when he noticed her glumness.

Victoria came to her senses at that and pulled a forced smile.

"It's nothing. Might just be the after effects of being sick."

He sighed in response. "You... How long were you going to keep it from me?"

His words rendered her frozen. "What are you talking about?" What have I kept from him? Can he possibly have found out that l'm pregnant? But who was it who told him? The only one who knows I'm pregnant is Summer, other than the doctors at the hospital.

Of course, she ruled out the possibility at once.Because of her, Summer and Noel knew each other as well and kept an
amicable relationship.

Both she and Summer thought of Noel as a big brother figure, but Summer would never reveal anything about her to him.
Hence, what he knew might not be her pregnancy.

He talking about her pregnancy. In truth, she had become jumpy for the past two days because of her pregnancy. At that, she breathed a sigh of relief and monotoned.

"What does her return have to do with you?" Her words rendered him speechless, and he gazed at the young woman helplessly.

Had he not known her well, he would have likely assumed she was retorting him.

"You're right. It doesn't, but what about you? Does it have nothing to do with you too? Victoria fell silent at that, and Noel continued,

"I already know you two were a no-show when vou first started