Come Clean

Summer initially thought Victoria's reaction was oddly calm, but after hearing the name 'Claudia', Vienna froze silent.

"I-Ithought she'd never come back," she said after taking a long time to come to her senses.

For a moment, neither said anything.

Before the Selwyns had gone bankrupt,
Summer, being Victoria's best friend, hung out with Victoria for a long time in the elite circle. Hence, she naturally knew that people loved talking about how Claudia saved Alaric.

Plus, the two were a good-looking pair, and things could've ended up well too, but as Victoria's best friend, Summer's heart still ached for Victoria.

Too bad too many crushes go unrequited and even die off silently in the end.

Summer bit her lip and felt indignant for her friend.

"Actually, so what if she comes back at this time? I wouldn't back out if I were you. She and Alaric were never together in the first place.

Besides, you two are already married, and you're now even pregnant. I swear the sky will fall before Alaric tells you to drop the baby!"

"Then you probably don't know him well enough," said Victoria, who had been silent all this while. After saying that, she looked up, causing Summer's eyes to widen with incredulity. "What do you mean? He didn't...Did he really?!"

"He will," Victoria affirmed.

"That means you haven't told him about it, have you?" Summer countered.

"How are you so certain he will?"

At that, Victoria pursed her lips and answered, "I've already sounded him
out."

"You..." Summer instantly became disappointed in her friend. "What is that
going to achieve? As if theory and practice are the same! You should tell him now. Say you're pregnant. See how he reacts to it."

Victoria fell silent in response,so Summer added, "Are you scared? Please, I swear on my life that Alaric will never tell you to drop it if he knows you're pregnant. Wanna bet on it?"

"That's not necessary." Victoria shook her head after a moment of silence.

Then, she grabbed her bag and stood up. "Come on. I'll get the bill."

Before Summer could even react to what was happening, Victoria had already gone to the cashier.

Livid, Summer could only grab her bag and follow her friend out.

After exiting the cafe, Summer walked beside Veronica. Seeing that the latter still had no intention of speaking up, Summer couldn't help but grab her arm"Victoria!"

Victoria stopped in her tracks and fixed her gaze on her best friend. "Get a hold of vourself and trust me this once, will you? This isn't a small issue. I wouldn't be standing here and persuading you if you could drop your years of love for him. But you love him, don't you? Our happiness.
should lay in our own hands!"

"I..." Her words made Victoria hesitant and seeing so, Summer urged, "Alright, let me ask you a few questions then."

"What is it?"

"People will eventually notice pregnancy with time, won't they?" Victoria nodded.

"Then, are you worried people will notice?"