When Is Returning a Favor Easy?

It was then that Victoria owed Claudia a favor. Also, Victoria discovered just how crucial Claudia's call was when she was
out asking others for help. At that time, the Selwyns lost all their properties except for that house.

When they started to get back on their feet, Victoria intended to sell the house to gather funds for her father to restart his business.

However, Tony declined her suggestion and instructed her sternly, "You can deal with the house however you want. Since I could start my business from scratch back then, I can do it again now. You should mortgage the house to those people and use the money to treat Claudia to a meal. Then, see if there's anything you can help her with so that you can return the favor as soon as possible."

Tony stroked her head and smiled warmly.

"Even if I lose everything, I can't let my snowball bow down before her love rival. So, don't worry. I will get back on my feet. As a matter of fact, I have contacted one of my friends. He will help us if I ask him for help."

No, you're lying.

Victoria overheard his call and knew the other party refused to help them. the other party refused to help them. The friend Tony was talking about had received a lot of help from Tony before.

Yet, he refused to aid Tony at such a critical moment. What an ungrateful b*stard.

Tony had lied to her so that she wouldn't worry about him. Also, he didn't want his daughter to owe Claudia any more than she had now.

After being silent for a while, she raised her head, revealing a pitiful look on her face as she spoke in a low and weak tone, "Dad, how about Mr. Cadogan..."

As soon as she said that, he immediately turned grim. "We can't! Let's not mention the fact that Adrian still doesn't know about this because even if he does, he will definitely help us without me asking him for help.

But Snowball, have you ever thought about what you would do after we accept his help? The daughter I raised is the best young woman in the world, and I don't want to see her bowing her head before anyone. Don't worry.

Even if I don't have any money, I will still find a way. It would just take a little more time, so you have to wait for me, alright?"
That night, Victoria returned to her room and cried so hard that her eyes were swollen.

After that, she didn't mortgage the house but sold it. Then, she transferred the money into Tony's bank account.

When she came out of the bank, she took out her phone and stood in her spot while looking at the photo of her and Alaric.

Perhaps my feelings for Alaric aren't as strong as I thought. I need this money. It turns out that, in reality, nothing can beat hardships. Victoria and Summer stayed together for two hours before parting.

During her trip back home, Victoria silently counted the days she still had before getting divorced. When I visited grandma a while ago, she was doing very well.

The doctors estimate she will be able to go through surgery in about a month. Once she had surgery and recuperated for some time, Alaric and I could finally end this marriage, and he could fulfill his promise to Claudia.

Claudia is gentler and kinder than me, and she comes from a better family than I do, so Grandma will like her, too. They will have a great future together and won't need me to worry about anything.
"Mrs. Cadogan."

The driver looked at Victoria through the rearview mirror and noticed she seemed a little out of it, so he reminded her, "When are you going to visit Old Mrs. Cadogan today?"

Hearing that, she was stunned and woke up from her daze.

Noticing she looked a little lost, the driver reminded her again, "Today is Sunday."

When Victoria heard that, she returned to her senses and muttered, "Is it Sunday already?" Time has passed so quickly.

Since both of them were busy with work, Griselda only allowed them to visit her on Sundays and would get angry at them if they visited her on any other day.

Since Alaric had gotten so drunk yesterday and went home with Claudia, perhaps they are now...

The driver asked, "Do you need me to call Mr. Cadogan?" Victoria subconsciously answered, "No need. He's busy." He didn't reply, so she continued, "I'll head over on my own." In the end, he could only nod and drive away.

Having been working for the Cadogans for a long time, he had noticed something wrong with the atmosphere at home and heard some rumors shared around the household.

Now that he saw how Victoria was behaving, he felt heartbroken for her. At the best nursing home in Gandra.

When Victoria arrived, one of the nursing staff greeted her with a smile and informed her, "Mrs. Cadogan, you've arrived. Old Mrs. Cadogan was just telling us about you. My colleague and I suggested bringing her out for a walk downstairs, but she refused, saying that she wanted to wait for you in her room so that you wouldn't have to wait for her."

Hearing that, Victoria couldn't hold back her chuckle. "Actually, I'm fine waiting for a while."

The nursing staff replied, "It's mostly because you only come visit her once
a week, so she cherishes the time she spends with you and thinks that the
more time she can spend with you, the better." Victoria was surprised to hear that and was stunned for a moment before.

"From how I see it, she's doing fine. Her emotion has been calm with no ups and downs."

Then, Victoria asked, "How about her eating habits and rest?"

"I think they're the same as always."

"Thank you." Victoria nodded. "But I still have to trouble you to help me eating habither recent sleeping and The nursing staff nodded and promised, "Sure, no problem. 'll take a look."

"Thank you."

After thanking the nursing staff again, Victoria turned around and headed to Griselda's room.

Meanwhile, with the help of her personal caretaker, Griselda had returned
to her room and was now resting on the bed, waiting for her granddaughter-in-law and grandson to come and visit her.

Though she had grown old and showed signs of old age, she hadn't lost her elegance and calmness.

Her gray hair was tied behind her head, and she wore a cotton dress that looked delicate and warm.

The moment she heard footsteps coming from outside, Griselda showed a joyous and excited expression that didn't fit her age.

"It's about time, so Victoria and Alaric must be coming to see me."

Just as she finished talking, a familiar and slim figure appeared at her door.

"Victoria," she called out happily. "You came."

Victoria then sprinted over and stopped before Griselda.

"Grandma. Good to see you."

"Good to see you, too."

Feeling extremely happy, Griselda quickly held Victoria's hand.

However, the smile on her face immediately disappeared after touching
Victoria's hand and was replaced with surprise and concern.

"Why is your hand so cold? Are you feeling cold?" Before Victoria could reply, Griselda started nagging, "You're skinny and can't handle the cold. How can you wear so little in this weather? Where's
Alaric? Is this how he takes care of you?"

At the mention of Alaric, she finally realized something.

"Speaking of which, where is he?"
____________________________
Published on: November 12, 2023
Time: 5:04 pm
Word count: 1284 words