His Message

After Noel snapped out of his daze, he took a glance at the girl in front of
him.

She was dressed very simply, with long hair casually pinned behind her ears.

She did not even put on makeup today, so she had a morbid kind of beauty that made people unable to resist their pity for her.

He was a person who was aware of his limitations and always knew he could not compare to Alaric; he was in no position to do so either.

When the Selwyn Family went bankrupt, he ran around to many places for help, but unfortunately, he was too insignificant to help in any way.

A CEO of one of the companies even told him frankly, "You're very capable, Noel, and I have high hopes for you too, but the Selwyn Family has fallen now.

The smart ones should know how to make choices. You can come to my company."

At that time, many not only did not want to help but even wanted to poach him.

"The Selwyn Family won't rise again. Even if someone is willing to help now, they won't have their former glory back.

So, I advise you to carefully consider your future.

After all, you're not a member of the Selwyn Family, nor are you their son-in-law. There's no need for you to run around like this for them."

Hearing all these made Noel's heart sink, but he seriously considered what he heard on his way back.

After that, he called Victoria and asked where she was so he could pick her up, but when he arrived, the second son of
the Burke Corporation and his cronies were verbally humiliating her.

"The great Miss Selwyn, you ignored my pursuit in the past when your family was prosperous. Now that the Selwyn Family has fallen, I wonder if you still have such pride.

Well, I can help the Selwyn Corporation, but don't you think you should pay the price?

Maybe like sleeping with me for a night?" As soon as he finished speaking, his cronies burst into laughter.

Seeing this scene unfold from the side,
Noel almost rushed forward to fight with them.

All the plans he had considered for himself when he was on his way disappeared in that second.

At that moment, he only had one thought-he could not leave the Selwyn Family at this critical moment to pursue his future.

Also, he could not go up to fight the second son of the Burke Corporation because he did not have the right to do so.

All he could do was pull Victoria away from the scene.

Not long after that, he heard that the Burke Corporation's second son had
been beaten up by someone and that the entire Burke Corporation was implicated because of him.

Due to this, the Burke Corporation's CEO and his son visited Victoria's home overnight to apologize to her.

The person who helped her was Alaric.

Looking back, it was indeed Alaric who pulled her out of adversity before, but because of what had happened in the past few days, he had put her in another difficult situation.

As Noel pressed his lips together, he said softly, "I don't mean to lecture you, but there are some things you need to consider carefully so that you can make plans in advance."

Just as Victoria was about to answer, her phone vibrated.

She took it out and saw that it was a message from Alaric. 'Your assistant said you went out?'