Let's Call a Truce

That's right. The data I obtained has shown that there is some slight difference. So, indirectly, my sixth sense is spot on.
Victoria grunted her affirmation but didn't say a word. She merely retrieved the data and put it away by folding it nicely.

After she had done that, she suddenly recalled something and spoke to Alaric, "Actually, I can sense that Grandma's afraid of undergoing surgery. You shouldn't have mentioned to her that the surgery would be brought forward earlier in the afternoon." Alaric was stunned to hear that. "Is that so?"

"Yes."

He glanced over at her and noticed the extremely intent look on her face.

Suddenly, he realized what she had said at the nursing home was true.

She mentioned that her concern for Griselda had nothing to do with him. She had not said this in a fit of anger but truly regarded Griselda as her grandmother.

As soon as Alaric realized this, he pursed his lips and said, "Okay, I got it. I'll comfort her the next time I visit her." They spoke calmly to each other since their discussion topic was Griselda's issue. It was something hard to come by as of late.

However, silence descended upon them once they finished talking about
that matter. Even the driver felt quite surprised as he drove the car. Things were quite tense when they first entered the car, and it felt as if they were going to
bicker loudly any minute from then.

However, not only did they not bicker, they even started to discuss Old Mrs.
Cadogan's health condition amicably.

The driver had initially mused to himself, A couple's fight sure didn't last long. However, soon after that, the duo stopped talking once again. The atmosphere turned tense once more, and things became icy as before.

The driver was rendered speechless. Oh, well. Whatever. I don't get this, so I should just focus on driving.

When they arrived at Cadogan Residence, Victoria got out of the car before Alaric and headed upstairs. She didn't stride inside, but her footsteps weren't exactly slow, either. Shortly after that, she walked ahead, and Alaric was left behind.

The servants noticed Victoria enter the house first with a face devoid of expression. Not long after she walked up the stairs, Alaric also went upstairs with a
thunderous look on his face.

Ever since the madam came back home in the rain previously, the atmosphere at home seemed increasingly strange. The servants started to feel slight trepidation as they completed their jobs, and they worked even harder than before.

They feared they would become the couple's punching bag if they made
any mistakes in their jobs. Once the two of them went upstairs, the servants couldn't help themselves and gathered to discuss.

"Judging by Mr. and Mrs. Cadogan's current situation, they should be close to getting a divorce, right?"

"Oh my gosh! What sort of nonsense did you just say?! They should be just having a tiff. It's not to the extent of a divorce, right?"

"Haven't you heard what someone said the other day? Mr. and Mrs. Cadogan's marriage is a sham. He is in love with someone else. Now that the person he loves is back, how can he marry the person he loves if they don't file for divorce?"

"Well, it might seem that way, but they have been married for so long now. Surely, they would have developed some feelings for each other, right? Look at how close Mr. and Mrs. Cadogan are most of the time. Anyway, in my opinion, they definitely wouldn't get a divorce."

"I'll bet on the opposite, and I reckon they will definitely file for divorce. Just wait for it. It's going to happen soon. It's either this month or the following month."