Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.

Mulai dari awal

        "I told you we'll shock you."

         "I'm shocked," she says, but she doesn't even sound shocked. "Are you good though? That fall was something."

          "I'm fine. I don't even have a headache."

          "Kemi!!" Sophia yells, running towards us from across the field, weaving through the different groups of celebrating students. She stops to catch her breath when she finally gets to us. "He's here."

        "Who?" I ask.

         "Him. Nicholas."

          "But... I don't... why is he here?" Chichi tugs my arm, but I don't turn to look at her.

          "Isn't it obvious?"

          "Why would you invite him today of all days when you know I'm sweaty and not ready?" I say, tugging my hand away from Chichi, who was getting impatiently curious. "How did you even get him in?"

       "I told security that he has a sibling that's playing during the sports," she says like it's no big deal. Where's goody-two- shoes Sophia? Who's this?

          "Hold up. Who's Nicholas and why do we care if he sees us sweaty?" Chichi questions, looking between the both of us. "Somebody better start talking. Right now."

        "It was all Sophia's idea!"

         "Don't put this on me. I did it for you."

         "I didn't ask you to."

         "You're talking like you're not attracted to the guy."

         "What if I am? It's none of your business."

       "Both of you should just shut up. Sophia, start from the beginning," she says and leads us to a nearby canopy to sit down.

       Sophia doesn't need to be hear it twice before she starts animatedly explaining how she had orchestrated the whole thing. On several intervals, Chichi gives me a look, but I avert my gaze.

        "And that brings us to this moment. Isn't it funny and cute? Kemi should be thanking me," Sophia concludes and I hiss.

          "Kemi," Chichi calls.

           "It's not a big deal. Don't make it a big deal," I warn.

          She hits me with her hand and I wince and rub the spot. I give her an 'are you okay' look, but she just keeps hitting me.

         "Can you stop?" I yell, jumping to my feet. "You know how hard your hand is. My arm is turning red already."

         "Why didn't you tell me since?" she asks, getting on her own feet. Sophia doesn't even look our way. Like we're some crazy people she has no business with.

         "I was going to. Right now, it's not that serious."

        "That's not what Soph said."

         "She's exaggerating, " I reply, rolling my eyes.

          "You're attracted to the guy. He's attracted to you. Plain and simple," Sophia butted in.

        "Why did you have to tell her?" I ask.

        "She was eventually going to find out. She needed to know," Sophia replies.

        "I wanted to tell her myself."

         "Just face the music now," she says with a shrug.

        "Why are you people talking on top of my head? Are you guys okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~