Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons

I have nothing to say😓. Let's just be going😭 we'll see at the end of the chapter.
.
.
.
.
      I am bored. That is all I can say and that is all I can think about. It wasn't even 12 pm and I was bored out of my mind. I've been lounging about doing nothing. Normal children or rather people, would be happy that they were home alone but I'm not normal therefore, I was running mad small small. Like kilode? I can't do this for two weeks. I had eaten and watched two movies already. Going online right now is already stressful and reading apps are not helping matters.

         And to add to the whole issue, my thought process is messing me up. By now, they would have announced the prefects. Was I among them? But more importantly, was Jasmine among them? I've been waiting for school to close to ask. They were coming over but I'm not sure if the guys would be coming with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       It was finally 3pm. I survived. It's like I'll be following my mom to work because staying in this house is not for me. I never thought I'll say that. I usually hated going outdoors now I'm craving it. How ironic. I heard a knock on the door and I rushed down the stairs to answer it. I was starting to feel a pain in my side so I got there as fast as I could.
       "Hey you" Jasmine said giving me a brief hug immediately I opened the door.
        "Hey" I reply a little awkwardly. Since the whole Stephanie thing, it's been hard talking to Jasmine or even looking her in the eyes for too long. I'd always try to look for differences between us and it didn't feel right thinking like that about my best friend.
      "Are you okay, Kemi?" She asked looking at me concerned.

      "Well, for starters my hand hurts. Mostly when it's not elevated and I'm  starting to feel a little pain in my hip. So, if that means I'm good then I'm perfectly fine" I answered with a shrug.

       "Are we going to complete this conversation outside or are you going to let us in?" Chichi asked raising an eyebrow.

      "My bad. Sorry" I said moving out of the way and locking the door once we were all inside. "How was school?" I asked taking a sit.

     "The same" Sophia replied.

     "Kemi, I can't find where you guys keep your cookies" Chichi yelled from the kitchen. Trust her to always make herself feel at home.

      "You'll find it. Keep looking" I said with an eye roll.

      "Where's our little cutie?" Jasmine asked. She'd always loved Kiiti. He's a cute little angel in her eyes while me, I'm just starting to see that part.

      "I think you have the wrong house" I said giving her a blank expression. Did she come for me or Kiiti?

      "Don't be so jealous Kems" she said with an eye roll.

        "He'll be back any minute from now. Mom finally allowed him take the bus after a 20 minute presentation of why it was necessary" I said putting airquotes around the 'necessary' and I started flipping through channels and finally settling on Nickelodeon. No judgement abeg. I'm still a child at heart.

        "Such a sweet child" she muttered clutching her chest. Dramatic.

       "Kemi, what's the meaning of this rubbish? My friend remove this abomination!" Chichi said collecting the remote from me with force switching it to a movie channel.

     "Chichi no start abeg" I say reaching out to collect it back.

     "We're your guests in case you've forgotten" she said munching on the cookies she found in the kitchen.