Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students

Sorry for the late update 😔I was super busy. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
.
.
.
.
          I kinda froze for a couple seconds before composing myself. I tried to look normal even when my mind was in a turmoil.

   Did I look alright???

            Why didn't she tell me sooner? I would've......I would've.....what exactly would I have done?That's the thing. I wouldn't have done anything so why stress it.

Why stress it??? It was TEMI!!

             Okay, I think I'm running mad. It's just a silly crush. A silly crush from one physical contact that'll fade away soon. Chichi's voice broke me out of my reverie.

            "Wait. Is it the same Temi that our dear Kemi wouldn't stop staring at that day?" She asked giving me a look that made me more embarrassed.

            "Can we just forget about this? I'm already embarrassed as it is" I said hiding my face with my notebook.

         "Of course not. You almost never have a crush. It's time for us to shine right Jasmine?" Chichi said turning to Jasmine for support to which she nodded.

         "Sophia, help me out here will you?" I asked sending her a pleading look.

        "Sorry babes but I totally agree. Besides you did this exact same thing when you found out about my crush on Isaac last term" she said shrugging.
So Sophia may or may not have a crush on Isaac. Okay, scratch that. She has a crush on Isaac and it's been brewing for a couple months or so. I think it's absolutely adorable but I know that Isaac will never know. She'll never tell, she'll be too shy to do anything about it.

           "That was different" I huffed sinking into the seat.

            "How exactly?" She asked raising an eyebrow as if daring me to state the difference knowing fully well that there was none.

             "Fine. I give up" I said flailing my arms. "But why didn't you tell us he moved here sooner?" I asked Jasmine.

             "He just moved in last week. I didn't know at first until I had a run in with him" she said shrugging. I shrugged as well and left it at that.

          The conversation kind of died down after that and we went back to studying. Sophia had to leave soon afterwards when her mom called so it was just me, Chichi and Jasmine. We decided to just walk around the estate and talk since it wasn't particularly sunny and I partially hoped that we would run into Temi even when I didn't know what I would say if I did.
Soon enough, we actually did run into him and he looked really good if I you asked me. He wasn't wearing anything special just black basketball shorts and a baggy grey t-shirt. Baggy looked good on him sha. When he finally got close to us and recognized us, he casually greeted
        "Hey,Kemi right?" He asked pointing at me.

        "Yeah, didn't think you would remember" I said cheekily.

        "I never forget a pretty face" he said with a smirk. If not for my dark skin, I'd be as red as a tomato by now.
He called me pretty!! Okayyyy.

        "If you guys are done flirting maybe, I don't know you can actually acknowledge to the two of us standing here" she said motioning to her and Jasmine. Trust Chichi to ruin the moment.

      "Sorry,my bad Chichi" he said laughing greeting them both.

      "You should be happy that I'm in a good mood" she said with a glare.     
           "Anyways, how's your friend Deji?" She asked changing the subject. Deji is a friend of Temi's and we kind of all met during our outing.