Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies

Hello peopleeeeee🙂.

How is we doing😂😂?
.
.
.
.
      The drive home was tense and awkward. I knew he had questions. I mean, he kept glancing at me every five seconds so it was pretty obvious but I also knew he probably won't ask them yet just in case I wasn't ready for that and that left me feeling so embarrassed. The driver dressed in a black and white suit and looked like he was in his mid thirties also couldn't keep his eyes off us.

      After my breakdown, I cleaned myself up in the bathroom and he took my hand in his and walked me to the car waiting. And here we are. Sitting on the plush leather seat of his car.

      He looks at me again and I can't take it anymore. "You know I'm not going to break if you talk to me"

     "I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable" he says looking the other way out the window.

      "You not talking is making me uncomfortable"

      "I just.....how long has this been going on?" he asks still looking outside.

     "A while but it's really not as serious as it seems" I reply trying to reassure him. At least I'm not sure it's that serious.

    "She's bullying you but it's not that serious?" he asks with a scoff.

       "I don't know" I say and turn to look out the window. We're stuck in traffic so they're a lot of people trying to sell their wares. Everyone is just trying to survive. I feel tempted to buy something I don't need but I don't. I just stare.

       "Does Isaac know?" he asks again drawing my attention and I sigh. He probably does so I silently nod. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" he asks and I turn just enough to catch him running his fingers through his hair. The hair that I once again want to run my hands through.

      "It's not a necessary piece of information" I reply and turn I suddenly feel angry. Why does he think we owe him an explanation? You saw one thing.
"What did you expect him to say? That he's taking you out on a date with a girl being taunted for her weight so you should try and make her feel better? Does that sound right to you? Would you have even showed up?" I snap.

"Kemi" he trails off.

"I just want to go home. Please just take me home" I beg turning to him. I just can't do this right now.

He nods and the air is even tenser than it was before. It feels like hours before I finally see the beautiful house that is my home and I almost jump out of the car.

"Thank you for bringing me back" I say and get down from the white Ford. I'm just about to walk through the gate when he calls my name.

"I would have still showed up" he says with a smile that almost brings tears to my eyes. And just like that, he's gone.

I clear my throat and take a deep breath before I walk in. Just in case my mom's home, she doesn't need to know what happened.

"Hey baby. How was your day?" is the first thing I hear from her mouth as I walk in. She's cuddled up on the sofa with my dad with a Yoruba film playing on the TV screen. It makes my tummy churn. Eww. Is it just me or does every child on this planet not hate lovey-dovey stuffs from their parents?

"It was great" I say with a smile. "Daddy, why are you home so early today?" My dad's the only one I'm free with in this house. Too bad he's never around.

"I wasn't doing anything important so I thought I'd come home and spend the rest of the day with my babies" he explains and gives my mom a kiss on the forehead and she closes her eyes with a smile.