Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's

Happy New Month babies🥰🥰❤️❤️
.
.
.
.
Friday came and I couldn't be happier. The week was finally over. I wish I could just sleep the weekend away but I can't. Why?? Chores.
Chores. Chores. Chores. Shey pesin no go rest again?

    I and Kiiti were slowly becoming closer. Slowly but surely. I didn't see him as an annoying thorn in my flesh and he didn't see me as the annoying sister. That was progress.

    He came to me more for help with his assignments and I was happy to render my services. Even our parents were a bit shocked during dinner that Wednesday. Kiiti even helped me cook dinner. Who would've thought?

     Luckily for me, the chores weren't that much on Saturday. My mom was in a happy mood. When I was done with the few things I needed to do, i went to buy airtime. I took Kiiti with me because I wanted us to use the opportunity to take a walk.

    We got the airtime and ventured into the other part of the estate. I hardly come out because why take a walk under this hot naija sun when you can be sleeping? I don't know if you're getting the point sha. We talked about random things on the way and shared funny stories and he told me how he was slowly getting used to Crestville and how many friends he had made. It felt nice talking about these things until I saw someone familiar walking towards us. The person hadn't noticed us though. His head was glued to his phone and it looked alot like Jacob.

     But it couldn't be. I would've seen him. Wait. Scratch that. I wouldn't. When I was certain it was him, I quickly turned around and crossed to the other side of the street. I didn't see a car coming my way. I was fast enough to not get hit but not fast enough to escape without injuries. I scraped my knee and my left palm. It was bleeding but not profusely. At this point, Jacob had already noticed the incident and was coming my way with Kiiti and the driver had also steeped out of his car.

     After assuring the man that I was fine and him apologizing excessively he finally let it go. He asked if he could take me to the hospital but I refused and he also insisted on taking me home but I didn't want to be a bother so, I just reassured him that I was fine before he left.

   "Kemi, are you okay?" Kiiti asked looking around frantically.

    "I'm fine" I said trying to stand up from the pavement I was sitting on.

    "Well, you don't look fine. What were you thinking? It's like you're a magnet for trouble" Jacob said and proceeded to helping me get up to which I winced.

    "I didn't ask the car to run at full speed" I retorted.

   "Why did you even leave your brother in the first place?" He asked.

     "I was.......I thought.... I..". How do I explain that I was running from him? I don't even know why I ran.

     "It's because she saw you" Kiiti said butting in. Children of nowadays. They can't even try and cover up!

    "Enu nla" I said hissing. "That's not what I wanted to say" I say eyeing him. If only looks could kill.

   "You ran in front of a moving car because you saw me?" He said trying to act dramatic.

   "Ummm....injured person here. I was just involved in an accident. This isn't what we should be talking about" I said trying to hit him but pain shot through my left wrist.

    "Are you okay? You're behaving like you're alright when it's obvious you're not. Your wrist is probably dislocated now" he said. Why is he getting all worked up?

    "I just need to get home. I'll be fine" I said avoiding eye contact. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. I felt uncomfortable.

    "How exactly are you going to write your tests next week?" He asked and it was at that point I remembered the tests for the first time today.