Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves

Jerry and I talked a lot that day mostly because our Commerce teacher was nowhere to be found and apparently Mr James was supposed to take over but he was with the principal. We exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since.

     Do you know what day it is people? It's Friday. Coming back to school this week made me realize just how boring school can get sometimes. I met my teachers on Tuesday and did some of my tests on Wednesday and yesterday and I'll be doing some today too.

    Over the course of the week, I've been dividing my time between classes and going to the junior school library. It's been exhausting but worth it. The sport prefects are holding sporting activities to use the opportunity to see who'll be picked for next term's inter house sports. Fortunately, I don't do sports so it's 'patewo gang' all the way. It just means I'll be cheering from the stands.

   The debate club has an upcoming event with the Mountaineers High. We've lost to them twice so we need to win this. I was currently in class. We were having Economics and the teacher was just asking questions in this class to know how well we knew his subject. 

      "Peters, what is liquidation?" He asked and she stood up. I don't really get why they keep asking Chichi questions. It's like they're begging for her to be rude. The only subject that she pays attention to is Biology, English and sometimes even Commerce but that has changed ever since Mr James took over. Apparently, our Commerce teacher is indisposed.

    "It basically means dissolving one's business in exchange for cash" she said and sat back down.

    "If you want to put it lightly but who has a more broad explanation?" He asked looking around. "Alade?" How have I not heard his name being mentioned before?

     "Sir I would just be repeating what she said" Jerry replied.

     "I know that but I want you to expand her definition" he said giving him a look. Only a fool would not see that he was trying to make Chichi look dumb.

     "I don't know another definition sir" Jerry replied.

    "Okay then. Define deregulation"

    "Deregulation is the removal of laws and other demands of government control" Jerry replied and the class came to an end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Did you see his face when you refused to give a better explanation? There was steam coming out of his ears" I said laughing and gesticulating. We were seated in a circle in class and by 'we', I mean Chichi, Jerry, Isaac, Temi and of course, myself. We were supposed to have English but she just told us to do some exercises from our textbook and submit at the end of the period.

     We were all through so, what better way to spend the rest of the period than gisting and laughing. But unfortunately, it was cut short by a classmate of mine, Rachel. She just informed me that the Maths teacher sent for me and that alone was enough for me to have a mini panic attack. I knew why he was calling me though. I was writing his test today. Isaac turned to me and have my shoulder a little squeeze since he was by my left. He knows how much I dread the subject but we've been studying so that should help at least.

      I grabbed my stuff and went to meet him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   The test wasn't as bad as I thought. Infact, it was pretty easy but I don't want to jinx it since I won't know the score till next week. On my way back to class, I bumped into Jacob.

    "Umm..hey. I'm sorry if I sounded rude the last time we talked" I said and he nodded. "I mean to me I didn't sound rude but Isaac thinks I did so yeah" I ranted.

    "You weren't rude" he countered.

    "But you can't blame me right? I mean you try to butt into my life anytime it's convenient for you. You didn't talk to me for almost three years. Three years Badmus?" I blurted out leaving him speechless.
Did I just say that out loud? Oh sh*t I think I did.

  "Forget everything I just said. It was a spur of the moment thing. Okay?"
"Okay" I rushed out and hurried back to class leaving Jacob with his mouth agape looking as shocked as ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Lunch could not have come at a better time and luckily for me, fried rice and grilled fish was being served. I was starving. I was so hungry I could probably eat Chichi. Okay, that sounded cannibalistic. But you get the flow.

    "Were you that hungry?" Jasmine asked when she noticed I had finished eating long before lunch was over.

    "Famished" I replied and she laughed.

   "How did your tests go?" Sophia asked. I had English few minutes after maths. I just replied that it was good.

    Just then 'little miss stink face' decided to show up with her two friends flocking her. And in case you're missing it, that's Stephanie. "Well well well. I knew you were back to school but I just had to come see for myself. Still as fat as usual I see" she said eyeing me in disgust.

    "I'm not even fat"

   "Stephanie, why not just go back to your little minion table where you can pretend that the world revolves around you? We'll call you back when you grow a bit more matured and have some sense knocked into you but for now scram with your tail between your legs like a sad dog" Jasmine said with a sweet smile you'll think she innocently said what she said but her eyes betrayed her. She was looking at 'stink face' with so much disgust.

   Stephanie scoffed. "Are you really going to let them treat me like this Jacob?"

    "Why are you calling my name? Abeg no involve me" he replied and behaved like she didn't exist. Like there wasn't a fight about to begin. You could literally see her face becoming red with anger and embarrassment.

     Stephanie was very light in complexion. She could easily be called as one of the finest girls in the set with her perfect face; pointed nose, full lips and big doe eyes but her attitude just spoilt it all. You would think she's as sweet as cotton candy till she opened her mouth and you'll realize that she's bitter. I really don't get why she behaves the way she does. She has a killer body with smooth and almost flawless skin and a pretty face too. Sure, she wasn't all that smart but she's averagely good.

    "How can you defend her? All of you. She's as round as a pig. And we all know you have no figure. It's just the fat that's filling the void" she said crossing her arms over her chest. I stood up ever so slowly and gave her a slap that resounded through the whole cafeteria. I could actually see my five fingers on her cheek.

    "How dare you?" One of her friends asked, raising her hand to slap me.

   "Try am. You go collect" I said giving her the perfect angle of my face. "Who do you think you are to talk to me that way?"  I said turning to Stephanie who was being held by the hands by the two losers. "Just try and spew nonsense from your mouth again. I'll help you decorate your body" I said hissing and walked out of the cafeteria. Oponu.

      I was livid. I should have done more than that. She deserved more than that.

    I found myself in the garden. It's my little solace now. I just sat down and put my head in my palms with a sigh. I needed to calm down.

   "You good?" Someone asked which forced me to raise my head up. "Of course you aren't. Stupid question". I looked up to see no other than Jacob standing rather uncomfortably.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This successfully brings is to the end of chapter 15. This chapter was actually supposed to come with the last one but.... laziness 😩,no inspiration and I've been feeling so discouraged 😭 but let's hope it's behind us.
How far that stupid Economics teacher? Trying to embarrass my Chichi 😒.
Anywaysssss, our baby finally stood up for herself in a big way😂.
Please vote, comment and share. Let's keep #RSN growing ✊❤️.
Till next time. XOXO ❤️❤️