Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.

Hello, hello, it's me again❤️
.
.
.
.
       "Are you being serious?" I ask in disbelief. "It's like she run this school."

     "I run the school," he counteracts.

     "Well, your dad does," I say.

     "Same thing," he says brushing me off.

      "Is it?" I ask tilting my head.

     "The point is, they don't own this school and Stephanie can get expelled just like any other student," he says.

     "In front of the junior school library, it literally states, 'dedicated to the Archibong family' and they're one of the biggest sponsors during social events. Your dad will think twice before even thinking of calling her parents. Expulsion is far-fetched," I explain crossing my hands across my chest.

      "We can try," he suggests.

       "Let's just drop it," I say. "Stephanie isn't going to change anytime soon and I won't stoop to her level to try and get back at her."

       "I'll find a way for her to back off. I promise," he says holding my gaze.

         "Why are you being so nice?" I ask.

       "We're friends. This is what friends do," he replies with a small smile. Just then, the bell goes off and I mutter a barely audible 'see you around' before leaving him in the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The rest of the day goes on uneventfully and so does the rest of the week until it's Friday and I'm dragging myself through my front door. I could drop at any minute.

      "Sister Kemi, you look like those people from the walking dead" Kiiti says trailing behind me.

       "If I'm from the walking dead, I know what I'll be eating for dinner" I say taking a step closer to him and he hurries up the stairs. Well, I guess he won't be sleeping tonight.

        I drag myself up the stairs and pass Kiiti's room. He slams the door as I walk by and I laugh. I plop myself on the stool by the dresser and look at my sunken eyes. Never again will I try to pull an all nighter.

       I take a shower and reappear in front of the dresser this time, wrapped in a towel. I scrutinize my body and smile. I shouldn't have to change myself for someone else and their stupid comments and insecurities. I shouldn't have let my mind bully my body. The worst thing I can do to myself is bully myself and try to conform to what I 'think' the society expects of me. I'm Fayokemi and I don't care what anybody thinks. I LOVE myself.

       I stand in front of my wardrobe and pick out biker shorts that I'd stuffed under a pile of clothes and a grey baggy tee-shirt that said 'sucks to be you'.

      I stop by Kiiti's door and open it just a bit, "I'm making jollof rice."

      "But you can't make jollof rice. It's always turns out very bad" he says looking up from his Legos surrounding him on the floor. He's still wearing his uniform and I have half the mind to yell at him to take a shower.

       "Excuse me?"

       "No offense—" he starts. Offense already taken. "But you can cook anything but jollof rice."

     "Wa. You don't have respect again o." Since when do juniors tell seniors that they were bad cooks? "Are you eating or are you not eating? Let me know what I'm doing abeg," I say with a hiss.