Chapter 10: A Heart Made Whole

In the Middle of Tokyo, the NOMAD Tower was seen among the rest of the tall buildings, until a series of explosions was set off from the base to the top. It collapsed, creating a cloud of dust, smoke, and ash that spread around the surrounding city blocks. People started panicking and police were evacuating the area, now wearing masks to get away from it. A Taimanin and Y/n were both sent in to investigate the destruction, with special permission from the Government Officials that found this destruction odd.

Y/n tossed rubble around, with Asagi following closely behind him, "This doesn't make sense."

Y/n could feel a slight presence of evil that he only felt back in Mordor, "But the evidence is here for you to see yourself. Someone destroyed Black's main base."

"It was a fortress of our own that we couldn't breach, so how could someone just destroy it on a whim like this," Asagi asked, standing next to Y/n.

The Ranger stayed crouched on the ground, "I'm not sure, but there is something that this wreckage isn't telling us, but wants to."

"Like what?"

Y/n entered the Wraith World, looking for any clues that could lead to making this investigation easier. One of the pieces of rubble had a footprint on it, a golden footprint.

"Huh, it seems Augzoth was here," Y/n smirked, "That would explain the silence from Edwin after the Fuuma Revolt."

"What does it explain," Asagi asked.

"That Augzoth knows I'm allied with you, and by allying himself with your enemies, he can find a way to get to me, yet now there is no one coming for you," Y/n explained, "The amount of power from this footprint tells me that Augzoth has become stronger to try and get a hand over me."

"What power could he gain to do that," Asagi asked.

"Only one that I've ever heard," Y/n answered, "Back in Mordor, there was only one that could emit this much power all at once with just his presence: the Dark Lord Sauron."

"Is he supposed to be the most powerful being in your world," Asagi asked, wanting to know.

"There are powers that can hold him at bay, but otherwise, he is the most cunning and cruel in Middle Earth, as well as the most influential," Y/n answered, "He has 9 Servants that obey his every order without question, and they are powerful on their own as well."

"Then how is Augzoth in possession of this power as well," Asagi asked.

"Likely Augzoth had a Palantir, a Seeing Stone, in his possession to speak with Sauron," Y/n theorized, "He must have made a deal with the Dark Lord. Grant me power, and I shall bring this world under my rule in your name."

"That would convince Sauron to grant such a deal," Asagi asked once more.

Y/n nodded, moving across the surface of the rubble, "Likely the Uruk filth would need an army, and he knows just how to make one."

Y/n's foot shifted a bunch of rubble after stepping on it, letting it all slide to reveal a stairway where the rubble was tumbling.

"I wonder what is down there," Asagi said, quickly taking Y/n's side.

Y/n drew his sword, and advanced down the stairs, yet saw how dark it was. He held his ring up, allowing it to provide light as the both of them descended.

"Stay close, the stench of Uruks is down here," Y/n ordered.

Asagi put her left hand on his shoulder, following close behind him. The stairway suddenly revealed a doorway, one that was closed and looked sealed. Y/n told her to stay with a hand motion, and approached the door quietly, putting his ear against the door to try and listen on the other side. He couldn't hear a thing, and tried to push it open, but it didn't budge. He stepped back, reeled his left hand back with the hammer forming in his grasp, and swung it at the door. Upon impact, the door gave out and flew off its hinges, yet there was no crash on the ground. Y/n and Asagi went through the doorway, and they were surprised to see the ground dropping down under a railing.