Chapter 6: Honored Death and Preparations

The announcement was made for Gosha.

Thanks to Y/n investigating them, the Fuuma Clan was no longer the leading authority of the Taimanin and Village. Instead, the Igawa Clan was put in their place, with Asagi being elected as its leader. She was now the official leader of the Taimanin, and Y/n couldn't be more happy for her. Ever since he was told about this outcome, he had suspected that members of the Fuuma Clan would rise up in revolt soon, it was only a matter of time before it actually happened.

After the announcement, Asagi and Y/n were talking alone in her home.

"I'd stay on guard, and have the Taimanin outside the Fuuma Clan stand ready," Y/n broke the ice to Asagi, "No doubt this shift in power has upset their head, and will rally those strictly loyal to him to revolt with him."

"You may be correct, I'll put out a subtle warning to those outside the Fuuma Clan," Asagi acknowledged, "What about the younger members of the clan, and the ones that attend and work here in the academy?"

"Don't treat them as hostile, yet," Y/n instructed, "No doubt there are members that were kept in the dark about their activities."

"So once we have confirmation about them, then we can ask them to join us," Asagi concluded hopefully.

"Or do the unthinkable, and kill them if they join the side of their clan," Y/n gravely mentioned, "I don't want to do that to Taimanin, but if they force my hand I'll have no choice."

Asagi nodded, "Right, I understand."

A knock on the door caused a slight jump for the two of them, and Y/n was on alert for who could be at the door. Asagi was the first to rise to her feet, and walked to the door. She peered through the window that looked at the outside of the front door and calmed down.

"It's just my boyfriend Kyousuke, you can calm down now," she called to Y/n, earning a nod from him. Once Kyousuke walked in, he seemed surprised but smiled knowing Y/n was an ally.

Once she opened the door, she greeted Kyousuke sweetly, letting it be clear that she was in love with him

Once she opened the door, she greeted Kyousuke sweetly, letting it be clear that she was in love with him. Y/n smiled and saw the happiness between the two, wondering if he should have tried to find love back in Gondor, before he was sent to the Black Gate. Who could he have met, would he have even found a semblance of love back in Gondor? Those were questions that plagued Y/n's mind as Asagi and Kyousuke talked.

As their conversation started being the center of his attention, he could hear Kyousuke preparing to say something, "Um...Asagi. I wanted to ask you something."

"What? What is it," she grew curious.

Kyousuke took a deep breath, and slowly started, "Would...would you leave the Taimanin if we got married?"

This made Asagi pause, for she was just officially given the position to lead the Taimanin against the demons, "Of course, but I was just given the position to lead them and have responsibilities to them. It would be too soon to leave them right now."