Friendship problems - P1

A/n

Requested by herospark_518, and story line by her too!

Its kind of a sequel to Girls like Girls

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Age: 16

------

Me and MJ had been dating for just over a day. It was the next Saturday and I'd had a rough week at school, distancing from Peter and keeping Ned in the dark. Only me, MJ and Peter knew what had happened at MJ's house. Mom knew MJ was my girlfriend, but she didn't know Peter had hit me. I'd managed to hide the red mark from my mom until it subsided, but she'd noticed how quiet I was. Thankfully, she hadn't asked me but I knew my mom. She'd do what she could to find out - but I couldn't let her.

"Hey," I greeted MJ down the phone as she picked up my call.

"Hey Ana, how are you?"

"Mmm..." I hesitated. "Fine."

"Look, what happened last Saturday was my fault, I know you think it's yours but it isn't."

"It is though!" I replied, my voice breaking. "I knew he liked you but I liked you and I guess I thought that because he's straight he'd get the better chance-"

"Ana, stop, it's not your fault. I shouldn't have kissed you when I did. But Peter needs to take responsibility for his actions. He slapped you!"

I heard a noise outside my bedroom door and panicked, turning my phone volume down.

"Hang on a sec," I whispered into my phone, and went over to the door silently.

Putting my ear to the door, I didn't hear anything outside, but I kept my suspicions. Like I said, my mom wouldn't just give up easily. I went back to my bed and laid back down, picking up my phone and saying, "I'm back."

"Where'd you go?" MJ asked.

"Just to check something," I replied.

"Okay, well, has Peter tried talking to you?" MJ asked.

"Look, can we not talk about this right now?" I interrupted.

I heard a second of silence before MJ replied, "Of course. What do you want to talk about?"

I thought for a moment.

"Hasn't Liz got a new boyfriend?" I started.

MJ scoffed.

"She's getting a new boyfriend every day. Who is it now?"

"I dunno, but it's one of the older guys I think," I replied.

The conversation went on for about an hour until MJ had to go eat dinner. My friendship situation with Peter kept playing in my mind. He'd been trying to contact me both by message and at school, but I was scared of him. Scared that I'd done wrong by telling MJ that I loved her. I know I should've probably told mom or dad, but I wasn't comfortable. I didn't want them to worry and I was scared that dad wouldn't really care. I wanted them to care but... I didn't want them to worry. We'd all kept Ned in the dark - something that I hated - but nobody wanted to pull him into it. I knew he was confused about the sudden shift in relationships, but he couldn't know.

------

I heard a knock on the compound door as I walked towards Tony's lab.

"FRIDAY who's at the door?" I asked, hoping it was someone I could ignore.

I couldn't be bothered to answer the door and talk to anyone today.

"Peter Parker," the AI replied.

"Fuck," I muttered.

I turned to leave, but I heard a call, "Ana!"

Sighing, I turned.

"What?"

"Could you get the door?" mom asked as she walked over.

"No, it's Peter," I replied.

"And?"

"I told him I was busy," I lied.

"Well he can still come in, you don't seem to be busy," mom replied, going over to the door.

Just as she put her hand on the door handle, I ran over and cried, "No!"

My mom's emerald eyes snapped onto me.

"What's wrong with you today Ana?" she asked, irritated.

"Nothing, I just don't want to talk to Peter."

"Why?"

"No reason."

Mom raised a disbelieving eyebrow.

"Whatever's been going on between you both, you can sort it out," she said firmly, opening the door.

"Oh hey Ms Romanoff, is Ana in?" Peter asked, unable to see me yet.

"Yeah, she's here," mom replied, gently tugging my sleeve.

I met Peter's eyes and I felt anger boil up in me, along with the fear I had. I tried not to show it but he'd terrified the life out of me last Saturday.

"Why don't you both go up to Ana's room?" mom suggested.

Peter nodded quickly and I felt terrified now. What was he doing here? Didn't he understand I needed space? Mom let Peter in and I gritted my teeth, walking quickly up to my bedroom.

When we were there, I slammed the door shut behind Peter.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded, standing far away from Peter.

"I came to apologise for Saturday," Peter admitted.

I waited.

"Well?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't have hit you, I'm sorry."

"Is that it? You're sorry?" I yelled. "You fucking slapped me and yelled at me because you couldn't handle rejection!"

"Well you shouldn't have gone behind my back!" Peter retorted. "I trusted you, you know I'd have kept your secret!"

He stepped closer to me, opening his mouth to speak, but the door opened.

"Hey Pete, you want a drink or anything?" dad asked, poking his head around the door.

"No thankyou Mr Rogers."

Dad must've picked up on the tension in the room as he quickly left. I waited a moment until I was sure he'd gone, then snapped, "I'm not forgiving you."

"For god's sake Ana, what is your problem?" Peter demanded.

"My problem?" I burst out. "You're the one with the problem here Peter, you can't just waltz in here, saying you're sorry but backing up your actions with reasons!"

"What would your parents think huh?" Peter asked.

"Of what, that I'm dating MJ?" I demanded furiously. "They know, you fucking-"

I cut myself off.

"Ana, just- Just don't," Peter held up his hand - non threateningly - but I instinctively flinched.

He seemed to realise and whispered, "Ana?"

I stood silent, breathing quickly.

"No, no, no I wasn't going to hit you again!" Peter assured, his voice getting higher. "I- I did that when I was angry, I wasn't thinking straight!"

I opened my mouth but no words came out.

"Anastasia, please say something," Peter pleaded. "Please..."

"Get out," I muttered.

He hesitated, unsure of what to do.

"GET OUT!" I screamed, feeling tears spilling down my face. "Get out! Get out of my room!"