Chapter 30

When Allegra came to, she found herself lying in a bed with Caitlin standing over her.

"Welcome back Allegra." Cailtin said with a comforting smile as she helped the young girl sit up.

"What happened?" Allegra asked groggily as she tried to remember what happened before she'd blacked out.

"Your cousin Esperanza attacked your high school." Caitlin said as it all came back to Allegra.

"I remember the fight. She blasted through the wall and tried to kill me before I blasted her back with light coming out of my hands." Allegra said, looking down at her hands.

"Yeah, I did run some tests while you were out and found out that you do have the metahuman gene and it was activated by a combination of residual dark matter and the stress and anger brought on by your cousin's attack." Caitlin said.

"I'm a meta?" Allegra asked.

"Yeah, and according to my tests, it seems like your powers are the direct inverse of your cousin Esperanza's, kind of like you're the yin to her yang." Caitlin said.

"She ruined my life. First she forced me to become a criminal like her and now that I'm finally getting my life back on track, she has to ruin that too. There's no way this doesn't end badly for me at school." Allegra said.

"It can't be that bad." Caitlin said.

"Are you kidding, ever since metas started popping up, Central City high is even worse than it was when the worst thing kids could bring to school were guns and knives. Now kids can have powers and it's a nightmare. Especially considering Councilman Albright's latest campaigns against metas. I swear, that man must be related to McCarthy." Allegra complained and Caitlin couldn't help but chuckle at that, since she'd heard numerous rants about that particular councilman from her sister.

"I know, but your mom and dad are talking to the school board to see if there's any way to let you stay in school." Caitlin said.

"Where am I, since this doesn't look like your clinic." Allegra now asked as she looked around.

"Technically, we're right underneath my clinic. We're in the Flash's Fortress." Caitlin said.

"Wait, what?" Allegra asked.

"Welcome to Team Flash's secret base." Caitlin said, since they'd agreed not to restore Allegra's memories, since it wouldn't do her any good in this reality, the team had decided to let Allegra in on their secret.

"Wait, what are we doing in the Flash's secret base?" Allegra asked.

"Isn't it obvious, Caitlin's a part of my team." Barry said as he and Iris walked into the medical bay.

"Wait, what?" Allegra asked, her mind struggling to process everything she was being told as Iris rushed up to her little sister's side and began examining her.

"Thank god you're alright. Dad's already ordered a citywide manhunt for Esperanza and there's a good chance that'll expand. I still don't know what she was thinking, attacking you in broad daylight with tons of witnesses. That's just sloppy if you ask me." Iris said as she fussed over her sister.

"What did Barry mean his team?" Allegra asked as Iris turned to her fiance.

"Go ahead, show her, since she clearly hasn't used her reporter brain to put the pieces together yet." Iris said and Barry nodded as he held up and vibrated his hand to reveal his speed.

"You're the Flash?" Allegra asked, trying to wrap her head around the idea that her future brother-in-law was the Flash.

"Yeah. And your sister is Celestial." Barry said, since Celestial had made her own impact on the city, mainly because she was also the editor of the city's primary newspaper, but still. Plus all the stories her mother had told her about Celestial.

"Wait, you're a meta too?" Allegra asked her sister.

"No, that would be Wally, since he's a speedster like Barry and we didn't tell you about any of this because we didn't want you to get drawn into this world, since it's dangerous, but Barry and I were both born into it. He got his powers from his dad and I got mine from mom." Iris said.

"Wait, I thought you said you weren't a meta and I'm guessing mom isn't either." Allegra asked.

"Neither of us are, but that could change with mom, you never know, but I'm not a meta. My power comes from this." Iris said as she showed Allegra her totem.

"Your necklace? The one you never let me borrow or even take off?" Allegra asked, since Iris had always been very possessive of that necklace.

"It's not just a necklace, it's a totem, a source of powerful magic and yes, magic is real. This totem draws on power from the heavens to let me do all kinds of incredible things. Things that science couldn't even begin to match." Iris said as she decided to show off her angel wings to demonstrate.

"Wow. So you're literally an angel now?" Allegra asked and Iris chuckled.

"No, I'm still human, but the totem allows me to use the power of angels when needed." Iris said with a smile.

"Do I get a costume like you guys?" Allegra now asked and Barry chuckled.

"Maybe once you're a little older and you get some real training with your powers." Barry said and Allegra nodded.