Chapter 16

When Caitlin got home from the party, she found her fiance waiting for her.

"Where's Kayla?" Caitlin asked.

"She's sleeping. I put her to bed a little early tonight because I think it's time we talk about what happened at Barry and Iris's engagement party. Including how Crystal has powers and how nearly everyone knew exactly who that guy in yellow was." Ronnie said and Caitlin sighed, since she'd been hoping to put this conversation off for as long as possible.

"Ronnie, please, I don't want to talk about this right now." Caitlin said as she put her bag down.

"No Cait, I can tell that whatever it is, it's been bugging you and don't deny it, ever since he showed up, every time you look at me, it's like you see a dead man walking." Ronnie said, since he needed to get to the bottom of whatever was bothering Caitlin.

"Ronnie please." Caitlin said.

"I heard Barry shout that this universe is not the original one, I think I should know about what's going on." Ronnie said.

"You're not going to drop this are you?" Caitlin asked.

"Would you in my position?" Ronnie asked, giving Caitlin a look.

"Fine, sit down." Caitlin said, gesturing to the couch and Ronnie nodded as they sat down.

"Cait, we live in a world full of metahumans and aliens. Whatever it is, I think I can handle it." Ronnie said.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." Caitlin said as she tried to figure out where to begin.

"So?" Ronnie asked as Caitlin looked at Kayla's bedroom door to make sure that the little girl had not snuck out for a late night snack.

"What Barry said was true. This world, this entire reality, is not the original one. That world was destroyed." Caitlin said.

"Okay. Gonna need more information." Ronnie said.

"I'm getting there, but I think it will be easier if I start from the very beginning, which is with Barry." Caitlin said.

"Meaning?" Ronnie asked.

"You've only known Barry for a few weeks since he woke up from his coma, but I've known him for nearly 6 years. Hell, I was the maid of honor at his wedding the first time around." Caitlin said.

"Wait, what?" Ronnie asked as Caitlin did her best to explain the whole Crisis thing to him.

"Okay, so you've actually got knowledge about what's going to happen in the future?" Ronnie asked.

"Not exactly. I remember how things played out in the old reality, since that is in my past, but I have no way of knowing if those things will still happen in my future on this new Earth." Caitlin said.

"So, why do you remember when I don't?" Ronnie asked.

"Because Barry has a powerful friend with mind tricks." Caitlin said.

"Who else remembers?" Ronnie asked.

"In Central City, that would be me, Barry, Iris, Cisco, Joe and Cecille." Caitlin said.

"Why didn't you tell me or have that guy give me my memories of the old reality, since I'm guessing that the reason you've been looking at me like a dead man walking is because I died in Crisis?" Ronnie asked as Caitlin took a deep breath.

"No. I died in Crisis. You were already dead before that point." Caitlin said.

"What?" Ronnie asked.

"Yeah, that's why I didn't want to talk about this. I didn't want to remember losing you again." Caitlin said.