Chapter 20

Caitlin couldn't believe that even though she and Frost had been separated, she still had powers, and not just any power. Fire powers. She couldn't help but feel like there was a certain irony to that, since in the old reality, Ronnie had fire powers and her childhood nickname her parents had given her and Crystal, fire and ice, since it was now literal. She couldn't but have some bad feelings associated with these powers, since she associated them with the death of the love of her life, but once she figured out where these powers came from, she'd get over that so she could use them to burn Abra Kadabra alive for even thinking about so much as touching her daughter.

"So, you have powers now huh?" Cisco asked as they waited for the test results.

"Yeah, and I have no idea where I got them, since I ran tests and I never showed any sign of powers after the explosion and I also never carried the genetic markers for ALS like my dad or Crystal did, so I never got ice powers like them. Speaking of which, after we save Kayla, remind me to reach out to my mom and confront her about my dad so that I can finally clear the air with her and we can start working on a cure for dad, since I don't want to get married without them both there." Caitlin said and Cisco nodded as the tests were finished.

"Okay, let's see what we've got." Cisco said as he pulled up the results on his computer.

"Well?" Caitlin asked.

"Okay, well, this is not like normal metas." Cisco said, trying to wrap his head around the results.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asked.

"What I mean is that your DNA has completely rearranged itself. It's almost like it's been rewritten." Cisco said.

"Let me see that." Caitlin said as she took a look at the scan results herself and she saw that Cisco was right. Her DNA no longer looked human or metahuman.

"This DNA profile, it almost looks, but that's not possible." Caitlin said as she pushed Cisco out of the way and she thanked god that the DEO had given Team Flash remote access to their database.

"What are you doing?" Cisco asked.

"I need to confirm my theory." Caitlin said as she accessed the DEO's files on alien biology and ran a comparison on her current DNA test results, since she needed to see if her DNA matched any aliens in the DEO's archive.

"Wait, are you comparing your DNA against the DEO's alien database?" Cisco asked.

"My DNA profile has shifted to the point where it almost doesn't resemble anything human. I need to rule out every possibility." Caitlin said as the test finished and she was shocked by what she saw.

"According to these results, my DNA is 50 percent human and 50 percent alien, specifically a species called Tamaraneans. According to the DEO's database, Tamaraneans come from a planet called Tamaran and certain members have been known to develop fire powers like mine." Caitlin said.

"Wait, so you're half alien?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah. And since we know that my dad is a metahuman, my alien side must come from my mom, which means that Crystal and I are both half alien, but I won't talk to my mom about that until after I save Kayla, since that takes priority." Caitlin said and Cisco nodded.

"And I don't think it's a good idea for you to use these powers until you do, since we have no idea how your powers work, since alien powers aren't exactly like metahuman ones." Cisco said.

"Cisco, I'm not sitting this one out. And I don't have time to wait for you to make me a costume." Caitlin said.

"Fine. Even though I think it's a mistake, since while you might be a mother, you're also a scientist and normally you'd agree to test this out before rushing in, but I understand why you're not thinking like a scientist right now." Cisco said and Caitlin nodded.

"Normally I would be willing to wait until we had more answers, but Cisco, right now, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is getting my daughter back." Caitlin said.

"We're still searching for her." Cisco said.

"Try vibing her." Caitlin said.

"Caitlin, you know I can't." Cisco said.

"No, you can't vibe Kadabra, but maybe you can still vibe Kayla. Hopefully he hasn't thought that far ahead." Caitlin said.

"I'd need something of Kayla's to vibe." Cisco said, since he had to admit, that was a good idea.

"I've got her backpack in my car." Caitlin said as she rushed out and returned with her daughter's backpack and smiled when she opened it to find a stuffed unicorn in it.

"Rainbow." Caitlin said, holding her daughter's favorite stuffed animal in her arms.

"Is that?" Cisco asked.

"Kayla's favorite stuffed animal Rainbow. I gave it to her the night I found her after her birth parents kicked her out. It's been her favorite ever since and she never goes anywhere without it. No matter how many times Ronnie and I have tried to get her to go to school without it, she always hides it in her backpack. But right now, I just wish I could put this in her arms and promise her that everything will be okay." Caitlin said, having to work hard to keep her emotions in check so she wouldn't end up accidentally burning Rainbow.

"I can work with that." Cisco said as Caitlin reluctantly handed the unicorn over to Cisco, who proceeded to vibe it.

"Well?" Caitlin asked after a few minutes and Cisco ended his vibe.

"You were right. Kadabra didn't shield Kayla from my vibes which either means that he's getting sloppy or he wants us to find him. Either way, I know where he's hiding." Cisco said.

"Where is he?" Caitlin demanded.

"An abandoned warehouse near the docks." Cisco said.

"Open a breach there now so I can get my daughter back." Caitlin said.

"If you're gonna do this, then you're not doing it dressed like that." Cisco said, referring to Caitlin's jeans and white blouse.

"I don't have time for you to make me a costume." Caitlin said, only to have Cisco reach into a storage cabinet and toss her a black jumpsuit and a pair of welder's goggles.

"It's made from the same material our suits are and it's heat and bullet resistant and the goggles should provide you with a little identity concealment." Cisco said and Caitlin nodded at him gratefully and went to quickly go change, since she had to admit, she did feel a bit more comfortable going into this situation wearing something that was actually meant for action, instead of just her day clothes.

"Now open a breach." Caitlin said.

"One sec, I'm sending the location to Barry, Iris, Crystal and CCPD to make sure they're all there to provide cover." Cisco said, since the CCPD had been notified and Ronnie was actually at the station right now for the investigation while Caitlin ran point with team Flash.

"Good. They can deal with Kadabra, my only concern is getting Kayla back. Now get me there. I won't ask again. At least I won't ask as nicely." Caitlin said and Cisco could tell that she would set him on fire if he didn't open up that breach .

"One sec." Cisco said as he quickly activated his own suit from the ring he'd been wearing, which was like Barry's, and then finally opened the breach, which Caitlin jumped into and he followed.

Hope you guys liked that chapter and that twist about Caitlin's powers. I wanted to make her powers a bit more unique and honestly, I always wished that Team Flash had someone with alien abilities on the team, just because it's cool. My first thought was magic, but I already covered that with Iris. Plus, I figured this could set up a potential crossover with Artemis and Supergirl eventually. Again, hope you liked it.