Chapter 24

Quick side note: I'm changing the actress who plays Chloe Allen from Meg Donnelly to Isabella Pappas, the actress who plays Amy Madden/Havoc on the Villains of Valley View on Disney Channel, since I think she'd make a better fit for the role.

Eobard Thawne had spent the past few weeks in the negative speed force, recharging his speed after Barry had nearly zapped it out of him the last time they fought. Luckily the negative speed force had been more than willing to top him off, in fact, now he felt faster than he had originally. He was guessing that now that negative speed force knew just how powerful his opposite had become, he'd been given a boost to make sure that his speed would once again rival that of the Flash's.

"You're ready now, Eobard." the voice of the negative speed force spoke to him.

"You think your pathetic rival will notice that you gave his speed to me?" Eobard asked, since he was aware of what the negative speed force had done to charge him back up.

"His speed will start to replenish itself now that we've patched you up." the negative speed force said to him.

"I still can't believe you chose that idiot to be your avatar before me." Thawne said.

"We didn't. If Clariss had been the avatar, then he'd be the one fighting Barry Allen right now, not you. New avatars can only be chosen when the previous one is dead. Why do you think we always went to such extreme measures to keep you alive? You were already the perfect avatar, so instead of wasting our time cultivating another speedster to take your place, we decided to simply bend the rules to keep you alive." the negative speed force said.

"Well, I'm not complaining, since it means that no one but me will ever be able to take the Flash's life." Thawne said.

"The reason we chose you is because you're the only one who has a chance at breaking this unnatural balance that has been kept between us and our positive counterpart. We hate that it opposes us, just like how you hate Barry Allen. Kill him and you'll have everything you've wanted, since once he's gone, we'll finally be able to tip the scales in our favor." The negative speed force said.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but reinforcements wouldn't hurt, since I don't want Barry knowing that I'm back at full speed already and even if he knew, while I can fight him one on one, he's got the numbers advantage, especially since those numbers hate me almost as much as Allen does." Thawne said.

"Then take a page from his book. Don't just go in alone. After all, you created plenty of weapons to use against Mr. Allen when you blew up that particle accelerator. Put them to use." the negative speed force said before it sent Thawne back to the real world.

When Thawne rematerialized, he found himself standing in the pipeline of the now defunct and abandoned Star Labs building, thinking about what the negative speed force had said and it was right. Before he'd had to focus on keeping his cover and making sure that things happened the way he needed them too, while also trying to prevent the time wraiths from finding him.

However, since Allen and his merry band of idiots already knew who he was, now he could go on the offensive and while Zoom was an idiot, Thawne had to admit that he'd had a few decent ideas, even though at least one of them had come from his playbook, so why not return the favor and steal one of his. After all, the negative speed force was right. He'd created countless weapons when the particle accelerator exploded, so why not actually start putting them to use? The only question was where to start?

Which was why he was heading back to the same place he always went to to plan out his schemes. His Time Vault, which thankfully still existed.

"Gideon, time to wake up." Thawne said as he activated the plinth.

"Greetings Professor Thawne, I was getting worried that I hadn't heard from you in so long." Gideon said.

"Change of plans Gideon. My speed has been fully restored and we're going on the offensive with the Flash. But first I need allies. Start compiling a list of all known metahumans in this city aside from the Flash and his team and start making a list of the ones that would be the most useful in my war against the Flash, since you can't win a war without soldiers." Thawne said.

"Right away." Gideon said and Thawne grinned as she got to work.

"I hope you enjoyed winning one battle Flash. Because now the war will be mine. And everything you love will die because you weren't fast enough to stop me. And you never will be." Thawne said as new twisted plans entered his mind.