Chapter 3

Okay, I'm going to answer a concern that people have raised. The first one is about Cecille's daughter Joanie, yes she will appear in this story, she won't be forgotten, but I have not fully decided what capacity that will be yet.

While they waited for Barry's family, including Joe and Iris, to show up at the clinic, Caitlin decided to give Barry a tour and Barry had to admit, he was impressed by how much Caitlin had accomplished in such a short period of time, since this facility looked state of the art and also kind of familiar and it was through his memories of this new world that he realized why it was familiar.

"Caitlin, did this place used to be a Mercury Labs black site?" Barry asked her.

"Yeah it did. This place was actually already decommissioned before the accelerator exploded and Christina said that it would be the best place for me to run my clinic and I had to agree, since it's got plenty of space and it's isolated from the rest of the city to protect it any metahuman power glitches and from anyone who might try to abuse the metahumans here for personal gain, among other things." Caitlin said.

"Do you only treat metas?" Barry asked.

"No, regular humans too, but I'll admit metas are a bit of a higher priority, simply because there aren't as many people who are concerned about them right now, but underprivileged people are a close second. It's a good thing this building has multiple floors that Tina is letting me use. The regular people are on the main floor, while metas are housed on the upper floors for safety reasons, but why do you ask?" Caitlin asked him.

"Because this building looks familiar and now I remember why. In this universe, my dad was actually Jay Garrick, so I'm guessing you can both guess what that means." Barry said, since Cisco was still with them too.

"He was already a speedster and he passed his speed onto you, so you already had your speed before the accelerator went off." Caitlin said and Barry nodded.

"And so does Chloe and yes Tina knows about it and the reason I know that is because this facility was actually a cover for what's hidden underneath." Barry said.

"And what is hidden underneath this place?" Cisco asked.

"It's where we taught Barry how to control his speed, even though he's clearly no longer keeping it a secret." Henry Allen said as he, Christina McGee and a young girl who could only be Barry's sister Chloe, joined them.

"Dad, it's okay, Caitlin's been tending to me for the past 9 months, I trust her and Cisco." Barry said and Tina nodded.

"I agree, especially with how helpful Mr. Ramon has been helping me prepare for Barry's awakening." Tina assured him.

"Okay, I just want to be sure." Henry said, still not sold on Cisco, since while Caitlin had earned his trust by tending to his son for the past 9 months, Cisco had not.

"If it helps, I'm a metahuman too." Cisco said, since he still couldn't believe that he'd ever wanted to give that up.

"That does help. What are your powers?" Henry asked.

"I'll demonstrate when we're in a place that's not quite as public." Cisco said.

"I know just the place. It's the place where we taught both Barry and Chloe to use their inherited speed. Follow me." Tina said as she led them towards Caitlin's office.

"Wait, the entrance is in my office?" Caitlin asked and Tina nodded.

"Why do you think I insisted you make this room your office? So no one else would find it by accident." Tina said as she revealed a hidden keypad in the back wall of Caitlin's office and typed in a code, revealing a hidden elevator.