Chapter 14

"Well, this certainly isn't how I pictured my trip to Central City going." Wally said as he stood in his father's house with Iris, Joe and Cecille.

"You sure you can't stay longer?" Iris asked her brother.

"I wish I could, but just like how Central City needs the Flash, Keystone needs me. Something's happening there and I have a feeling that whatever it is, it's gonna take a speedster to stop it." Wally said.

"Well remember, if you ever need a hand, just call." Iris said.

"Don't worry, I will and that goes both ways." Wally said as he hugged his sister.

"So, we'll see you at the wedding?" Iris asked.

"Nothing would keep me from it. Though hopefully this wedding will go better than your last one did." Wally said and they all chuckled at that as Wally hugged his mom.

"Stay safe and next time bring Jesse with you. I have so many stories to tell her." Cecille said.

"We'll see." Wally said with a smile as he let her go before turning to his dad.

"Remember Wally, anything goes south, you keep running." Joe said with a proud smile as he hugged his son.

"Always. Though I'll always be running towards danger, not away from it." Wally said.

"That's my boy." Joe said proudly as he clapped his son's back.

"Thanks dad." Wally said, happy about how far his dad had come in accepting his powers, since he still remembered how when he'd first gotten them, his dad had been avidly against him using them.

"Remember, Central City will always be the home of Kid Flash." Iris said.

"No. I told you, I'm not Kid Flash anymore. And Central City is the home of the Flash. Keystone is the home of Impulse and that's where I'm needed." Wally said as he picked up his bag and sped out of the house.

"So, should we be expecting Joanie or Jenna to exhibit any powers?" Iris asked as she sat down on the living room couch with her parents.

"Dear God I hope not. I think that you and Wally getting into these situations is all I can handle." Joe said.

"What happens if mom decides to start going out in the field?" Iris asked with a smile.

"First off, I love hearing you call me mom. Second, I'm just an empath. Not much use for my powers in the field and I'm not really interested in that aspect of this life." Cecille was quick to assure her husband.

"Good. I love you and since Jenna is our last child and I'd like her to grow up with her mother in her life, the whole time. Though your powers will make it very hard for her to lie to you." Joe said.

"I've already asked Cisco to come up with some kind of workaround for that." Iris said before they could get too smug about that.

"What about Allegra?" Cecille asked, grateful that their adoptive daughter was currently at school.

"We'll need to keep an eye out for her showing any sign of her UV powers. Especially since that crazy cousin of her's still unaccounted for at Iron Heights." Joe said, since Esperanza had escaped prison shortly after the accelerator had exploded.

"That's just great. Please tell me Allegra has a police detail on her, since if she doesn't have her powers yet, then she's a sitting duck for Esperanza." Iris said.

"We arranged it the moment she went missing from prison." Joe assured her.

"Actually, do you think you can do me a favor?" Iris asked as a thought came to her.

"Depends on what it is." Joe asked.

"I want to see if Esperanza is still associated with that Black Hole group I was tracking before Crisis. Maybe see if there are any leads in her disappearance that you didn't initially consider before since you didn't remember Crisis?" Iris asked.

"That's not a bad idea. I'll look into it." Joe agreed.

"Great. In the meantime, I need to start focusing on hiring more staff so that there will be other people working at the Citizen while I'm planning my wedding." Iris said.

"Good luck." Joe said, but what none of them realized was that the person they were talking about was closer than they thought or the danger a member of their family was. Nor did the person who was the cause of that danger realize what a big mistake they were planning on making.