Chapter 23

"Welcome to the Central City Citizen Allegra." Iris said to her foster sister as she showed her into the office.

"I still can't believe you're giving me an internship here." Allegra said as she looked around.

"Helps that I'm your big sister and I'm glad that I have one sibling who wants to get involved in this world, since Wally's focused on engineering and I'm not even sure where Joanie is right now." Iris said, since in this reality, Cecille's daughter Joanie was her sister by blood now, but anyways, Joanie had kind of dropped out of the family a few years ago after she'd gotten into a huge fight with their parents over her deciding to drop out of college. Suffice it to say, she was not on the best terms with their parents and she hadn't called her or Wally since.

"Any idea where Joanie is? Joe and Cecille never talk about her and it's pretty clear that talking about her is kind of taboo in the house." Allegra said.

"She got into a big fight with mom and dad after she decided to drop out of college. She basically dropped off the face of the earth." Iris said.

"Don't you think that's a bit dramatic?" Allegra asked.

"Joanie always was a drama queen growing up. But anyways, are you ready to get to work?" Iris asked.

"What am I going to be working on?" Allegra asked.

"Well, you're an underaged high school student, so I'm gonna start you off easy. Mainly just helping out with stories and being bossed around by the reporters, since I told them not to go easy on you just because you're my sister. If you mess up, I'll hold you just as responsible as I would them." Iris said.

"Thank you. I don't want special treatment because I'm the boss's little sister. I want to earn my own reputation, not mooch of yours." Allegra said.

"Which is how I know you're going to make a great reporter one day." Iris said, since if Allegra was older, she'd be doing actual stories right now.

"Thanks Iris." Allegra said with a smile.

"Okay then, let me introduce you to your supervisor, since I actually do have something I need to get to work on." Iris said and Allegra nodded.

After she got Allegra settled in, Iris headed back towards her office and she was so happy when she saw that Lyla had come through, since thanks to post crisis memories, she now had access to both the DEO and Argus, which meant she could get much more classified files regarding McAdams, since now she could get somewhere in her investigation into him.

In addition to numerous complaints she'd found about McAdams being a racist in the military, which she found odd that the higher ups were ignoring, she also found that he had several suspicious activities going on. Especially when she added her new information to what she'd already put on her own whiteboard, which she'd already told sworn to herself Barry would never know about, since she'd never hear the end of it, since she was doing the same thing he'd done for his mom's killer, though in this reality, he hadn't been quite as obsessed with finding her killer as he had been in the old reality, since his dad had not spent his life in prison because of it, since due to the existence of the old JSA, plus the existence of Superman, they'd been able to find proof that Henry hadn't killed his wife, so Barry hadn't grown up chasing down leads and that, along with the fact that they hadn't grown up in the same house and Barry's little sister, they'd gotten together while they were in high school.

But anyways, as Iris looked at her board, she realized that this was more than just McAdams being a racist ass. It looked like he was involved in some kind of conspiracy. Especially when she saw that he'd been in contact with a man named John Henry Irons, who, according to her research, was suspected of having been selling military grade weapons and tech to criminal organizations, especially intergang.

"Well, I think you owe your fiance an apology." Cecille's voice said from behind her and Iris jumped as she saw her mom standing in the doorway.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Iris asked.

"I thought I'd surprise you and Allegra by bringing you both lunch today. Though now I can see that you've clearly been busy." Cecille said as she looked at her oldest child's board.

"Cyrus McAdams." Cecille said.

"I've been digging into him ever since that ambush he sent my unit into. I still have nightmares about that attack." Iris said.

"I knew you were having issues dealing with it, but I didn't know that this was how you were coping. Maybe you should see a therapist." Cecille said.

"No mom, I'm actually onto something here." Iris said.

"What do you mean?" Cecille asked.

"Well, thanks to J'onn J'onzz giving people memory dumps, my contact list now includes the director of Argus and the Director of the DEO. I asked Lyla to do some digging for me and it turns out that McAdams is even worse than I thought." Iris said.

"How so?" Cecille asked.

"In addition to being a horrible racist, I think he might also be a traitor. Based on this evidence, I think he might have connections to criminal organizations, like Intergang." Iris said as she showed her mother her evidence.

"Okay, this does look damning." Cecille admitted as she took a look at Iris's evidence.

"Yeah, but I need to be sure before I publish anything or take this to Argus, since while this might be enough for Lyla to get the DOJ to launch an investigation into him, I need to be sure that it won't get tossed out. Please do not say anything to dad or Barry until I can find something concrete on him." Iris said.

"Fine. But you should call in some extra help." Cecille said.

"It's already on my list." Iris said, since she knew one person who could help her. Someone who she'd heard rumors was obsessed with Intergang. Lois Lane.