Chapter 28

"What is this place?" Jin asked, staring at the waterfalls in front of him and Y/n looked at him about to answer but he answered his question himself.

"Angel Falls is a waterfall in Venezuela. It is the world's tallest uninterrupted waterfall, with a height of 979 metres, and a plunge of 807 m. The waterfall drops over the edge of the Auyán-tepui mountain in the Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Gran Sabana region of Bolívar State. Ooh, sweet." He said with a smirk and Y/n rolled her eyes at him.

"You even speak like us now," she said, fixing her lifejackets as they were taking a boat to the Angel Falls. He helped her by checking her straps and she looked ahead, without her glasses as they were floating downstream and the water kept splashing over their faces.

"It is said that there is an evil spirit that pushes the water over the edge of the Angel Falls. And if you wish something secretly then it will make sure to grant it to you." The guide said as the boat stopped after so many hours floating on the river.

"This is the campamento of Canaima. Now we will have to hike through the jungle to see the falls." He announced and the three foreign tourists along with Jin and Y/n obeyed, getting down from the boat and following the guide into the woods. Jin helped Y/n to get down, acting like a protective bodyguard and was about to carry her from the boat if she didn't glare at him in the right moment.

"They are so cute." The middle-aged lady called out to her friend. "Such a supportive husband," her friend squealed and Y/n looked at her with big eyes filled with surprise. Jin pressed his lips to hold in his smile but passed them a thumbs up while standing behind Y/n's figure. She blinked several times, her cheeks heating up before she cleared her throat and walked towards the guide, ignoring the ladies.

"The people who inhabit this region are called Pemón Indians. They call the falls Kerepakupai Merú, which means "leap from the deepest place". They also believe that anyone who sees the falls once in their lifetime will receive vital power." The guide spoke and Y/n was mocking his hand gestures while following behind him.

The three ladies were following right behind her while Jin being a gneltman was walking behind them. "The Pemón consider the tepuis, or mesas, to be sacred and home to spirits and guardians of the land. In the past, they would not climb the mountain. In 2009, President Hugo Chavez declared that the falls should only be addressed as Kerepakupai Meru out of respect for the Pemón residents." He said while shaking his hands with Y/n copying behind him and the three ladies giggling while enjoying her mimicking him.

"Oh yeah, you must be careful, not to step on any leaf or stuff because there might be ants in here. And they are really aggressive." The guide said.

"But they are cute, not aggressive."

All of them stopped and turned around only to gasp at the sight of Jin holding a bark of a tree. Well,

It was a nest of ants.

"What the fuck!" The guide commented and Y/n screamed. "Jin, throw it!" H frowned but the ants started crawling to his hand. "Throw it!"

"Burn it!" The ladies yelled. The guide yelled in panic, holding his face and closing his eyes while Y/n glared at Jin. "Throw it, Jin! Please!" She threatened and Jin yeeted the bark away, rubbing his hand down his arm calmly to drop the ants creeping up his arm with a blank face.

"You are insane!" She complained, walking to him, pulling his arm, and scanning for any ant bites but there were none. Jin smiled to see her concerned look for him but he also noticed how her heartbeat palpitated for a moment so he obeyed her words and dropped the bark away.

"Don't worry, butterfly. They won't bite me. They cannot smell my blood, remember? I am a non-living thing to them," he whispered, leaning down to her ear. She sighed and looked up at him with annoyance. "Idiot."  

They walked towards the waterfall and the ladies clicked pictures with their cameras. "Can you click a picture of us?" The ladies asked the guide and he obliged. Y/n smiled at them posing in front of the waterfall but then turned around to see Jin standing silently with closed eyes. She frowned and walked to him.

"What are you doing?" She asked and he opened his eyes, smiling at her. "Making a wish." He said and tilted his head at her. He stepped forward and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes deeply. "Aren't you going to make one?" She smiled at him and he could swear, there was a strange feeling behind that smile as she voiced out,

"What is the use?"

-

"Where is this place?" Jin asked Y/n who was hiking up the mountain. "The Andes." She replied as she stepped up smoothly while the long-legged man seemed to be struggling with the gravity here.

"He- Hello- Ji-" Jin frowned when his ears caught a signal. He touched his ear and looked around. "Damn, this is so high that I am catching signals with Dr. Dustin." He commented and watched Y/n standing in front of a sign.

He quickly hiked up to her and stood right behind her, holding out the bottle of water for her. "Here, have this. Hydrate yourself." He said and she took the bottle from him, uncapping the lid. "Can you translate this?" She said, panting and drinking water while Jin looked at the signboard.

"Grita tus secretos aquí. It says, "Scream your secrets out here". Wanna go for it?" He asked and she turned to him. She blinked several times and then looked away, nodding her head slowly. "Let's do it." She said, looking up at him. 

He motioned for her to go first but she insisted on him to go ahead. He shook his head and bowed like a gentleman as if telling her that ladies go first. Y/n stared at him blankly before facing the scenery. The view of the beautiful mountain range, almost touching the clouds. She gulped, raising her hands to surround her mouth, ready to scream. She closed her eyes.

A beautiful space deserves a beautiful secret to be screamed out, right?

So she did.

"I, Rue Y/n, am dying next week!"

*****************************

Let's celebrate- wait WHAT