CH 42

The next day....

Xavier

I was glad Gino was finally gone. He was in love with her and I knew that wasn't going to change. She was the love of his life. Gino looked at Charlie the way I did. That's how I knew.

"Xavier?" She was cuddled against me in our bed.

My arms were wrapped tightly around her. "Yeah, baby. I'm right here."

I felt her lips on my neck. "What time is it? You smell good."

I chuckled, "Let me look." I pulled away slightly, turning to look at the clock on my nightstand. "Almost seven." I turned back around.

"Where's Henry?"

My dog was still sleeping in his dog bed, next to our bed. "He's still asleep, baby."

She rolled to her back. "I think we should go back today."

I missed my job and working with her. The recent corruption in both our offices, made me want to just keep her close to me. I didn't trust anyone having her back, the way I would.

"Yeah, I agree." I cupped her face. "I just want you with me."

She smiled softly, "Who said I wouldn't be."

"Does that mean you're going to take my boss up on his offer?"

"Yeah, it does." She smiled softly. "I mean, I know we won't be in the same department, but-"

"At least we'll be close to each other." I leaned in, kissing her. "Thank you."

She smiled. "I'm starting to slowly see the wisdom of why you want to keep me close." She shifted, moving to get on top of me. "But, we could always start our own business too."

I moved my arms around her body. "What kind of business?"

"I was thinking private eye. We're already a power couple, I think. If we open our own business we could be a husband and wife detective team."

I mulled that over. "I'll think about it." I promised her.

She shifted her lower half against mine. "We could have more days in bed like this."

Good point. Before I could answer, I heard a familiar whimper before Henry jumped on our bed.

"Down, boy." I whistled and he whimpered, turning towards Charlie.

She started laughing before she shifted off of me. She rubbed his head and he sighed contentedly, wagging his tail.

"You're spoiling my dog, baby. You're going to ruin him." I sat up, hitting my thigh.

Henry barked before coming to me. "He knows you're still the boss." Charlie said.

"Is she right, boy?" I rubbed his head, and he move to lick my face. I smiled, "All right, enough cuddling. Get down." I told him.

He jumped back on the floor, waiting for us. "I guess he's telling us to start moving." Charlie teased, climbing out.

She wasn't wearing anything but her panties and a bra. After our run-in with Gino, I took her back home and made love to her. She needed to be reminded of how much I loved her.

Though I knew she didn't feel the same way Gino did. Not as strongly. But, sometimes I did wonder if she felt something. If she felt regret since he just kept showing up out of nowhere.

"I'm going to go shower. Join me?" She asked.

I nodded, "Let's take Henry out first." I climbed out my bed, walking towards her. I moved my arms around her from the back. "Then, we can take longer in the shower." I whispered in her ear, kissing her there.