CH 35

Xavier

"Why did he call you, Bunny?" I asked her.

We drove back to our condo, half an hour after Gino left. I just wanted to go home, be with my wife and not think about the mess we were currently in.

The moment we made it back, I carried her straight to our bedroom. I needed her. She needed to be reminded of how much I needed her and how real our love was.

I pulled her closer, kissing her forehead. "I ate extremely healthy when I was under with him. My training officer who trained me for undercover work, always emphasized that. She said it was important to always keep a sharp mind. Eating junk food and drinking alcohol would cloud your judgement." She lifted her head, looking at me.

"Gino was the only person to notice it. He said I only ate rabbit food. When we started dating, he called me his little brown bunny."

It was funny as much as I hated to admit it. And, it made me angry they had gotten so intimate he felt comfortable to do that with her.

"Should I give you a nickname?" I don't even know why I asked her that....jealousy maybe.

She smiled, "I'm your, Charlie. I don't need a nickname, Xavier. I love when you say my name."

I squeezed her rear, pulling her closer. "He's still in love with you. You can't tell me that a part of you doesn't care for him...even slightly."

She held my gaze before saying, "Maybe if he hadn't tried to kill me. I mean, the way he beat me....you weren't there. I was begging for him to stop and the more I begged, the harder he'd hit me."

She pulled away, sitting up. "Giovanni Rivera is a criminal. Yes, there were moments when he treated me like his woman. He was soft and gentle with me. I'm only human. Of course, maybe I don't know, a little part of me cared for him. But, it's nothing like what I share with you, Xavier."

She grabbed my hand, pulling me up. "I want your love. I crave it. I need it. I need the way you care for me. I've never felt this need for anyone, not even my parents, Xavier. It didn't bother me that they gave me up. I just wanted to be away from them. I don't feel that way with you. It would bother me if you didn't love me. In fact, I'd make you love me."

I smiled, before pulling her in my lap. "You'd force me, huh?"

"Yes," she cupped my face. "You aren't going anywhere."

"Neither are you." I nuzzled her hand, moving to kiss her.

Charlie opened her mouth, letting me in. I ran my hands up her naked back, hugging her body to mine.

"Did you like being called, Bunny?" I pulled away asking her.

She chuckled, "Don't think bad of me, okay?"

"I won't."

She sighed before saying, "I liked it. I thought it was cute."

"It is." I admitted. "I mean, I would have done the same thing." I squeezed her waist, "I could....I could call you that...I don't know, give you a good memory instead of the bad ones you had."

"Xavier, I don't want you too." She moved her arms back around me, "That was his thing. I don't want to be reminded of Gino. I just want you."

I nodded, "Okay."

She bit her lip before smiling. "Stop being jealous over a few small intimate things I did with other people. It doesn't take away what I feel for you."

I knew I was being petty. I knew it. I still couldn't change how I was feeling. Before I could respond, Henry trotted in, with a chew toy in his mouth.

Charlie smiled, when he came to our bed. He put his head on top and she moved to scratch him behind the ears. "And you, I don't want scary, Henry. You're supposed to be our baby." She leaned down, kissing his head.