VIII

Your POV:

As I walked out of the Gryffindor common room tears welled up in my eyes. Oliver was right, no one cared about me. 

I walked throught some corridor. I bumped into someone. 'Ahh miss L/N, I was looking for you.' Dumbledore spoke. 'I'm sorry sir.' I said while wiping away a tear. 'Miss L/N, you have to come with me for a second, it is about your mother.' I nodded my head worried. I followed the headmaster until we were in his office. 'Miss L/N, take a seat please. I sat down and looked at Dumbledore.

 'You father has found out where you and your mother live.' Dumbledore said with worry in his voice. My heart sank. My father was an alcoholic and was abusive to me and my mother. My mother had left him four years ago and we were happy. 

'Is my mother okay?' I asked on the verge of crying. 'She is safe, I took her to St. Mungo's and I want you to visit her.' He said. I nodded and stood up. 'I'm going to use floo powder I suppose.' I said to him and he nodded.

 I grabbed a bit of the powder and stept into the fireplace. 'ST. MUNGO'S' I yelled. Dumbledore gave me a quick wave before I dissapeard into the flames. I asked a nurse where my mum was and she led me to the room. I walked into the room and saw my mum with bruises and a cut above her eyebrow. 'Mum' I said while a tear escaped my eye. 'Y/N/N, don't cry, I'm okay.' She said in a gentle voice.

 I sat on the chair next to the bed and cried a bit. 'Sweetie can you say thank you to your head master for me?' My mother asked randomly. With tear stained cheeks I looked at her with a look that said give-me-an-explanation-please. She sighend.

 'As you know your dad found out where we live and came to hurt us. Your Headmaster was at that moment at our house because he was worried about you.' She said. I nodded and she continued. 'I was making dinner and was talking to Albus when the doorbell rang. I went to open the door and he stood there. He hit me. And we started fighting. Your headmaster said some spell and he just passed out.' She said now crying. 

'I thought I was going to die.' I choked on my tears.' He brought me here because at home we weren't save anymore.' After she finished I just hugged her. Then realisation sank in. If Dumbledore hadn't been there my mum would be dead. 'I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you.' I said sobbing. My mum shushed me. 'You couldn't do anything about it, but I do have another question.' She said.

 I looked her in the eyes and I knew what she was going to ask. 'Y/N/N what is going on? I'm worried about you. Albus said you were hit by a troll and that it was hard for you to focus on your classes.' At that moment I broke down. I told her about all the weight I had about being so wanted for my looks and not my personality and about Oliver who was so mean to me and had said I wasn't loved and nobody liked me.

 My mum told I was loved and she knew the insecurities came from my dad. He always said I was his biggest mistake and wasn't worth anything. Suddenly I noticed how tired I was. A nurse said I could sleep on the bed next to my mother and as soon as I touched the pillow I fell asleep.

~At the same time at Hogwarts~

Hermoine POV

I knew it was past curfew but I couldn't care less. I walked into Mcgonagalls classroom where she was grading tests. 'Miss Granger, what are you doing at this hour out of bed?' She asked. 'I need help.' I said with tears in my eyes.

 I was just so worried for Y/N. She felt like a big sister to me. Mcgonagall saw that I was almost crying and asked what was wrong. I told her the whole situation but didn't say any names cause I knew Y/N wouldn't want anyone to have punishment because of her. Mcgonagall took me to Dumbledore. Mcgonagall walked into his office.