"I know that now someone has restarted the research on this matter," Xu Zhiheng sounded anxious, "maybe the other party has made further moves."

"I heard that the General was once almost assassinated..." Xu Zhiheng said, "I shouldn't need to go into the details."

He YunTing believed in Xu Zhiheng's words, but he didn't understand why he suddenly wanted to get involved in this matter, "So what does Professor Xu mean?"

Xu Zhiheng had a hard time saying the next words, "I will have a routine academic lecture at the Imperial Military University in a few days. But the problem is... Since three months ago, something's not quite right. It seems that someone's always watching me from the shadows, but not communicating with me directly, deliberately spreading the news of your almost successful assassination."

He YunTing gave him an ice-cold glance and waited for him to continue.

"Due to my relationship with Mr. Jiang, it was impossible for them to approach me directly, but they made sure to let me know this fact." Xu Zhiheng's half-white hair flickered for a moment as he whispered, "Wanting me to see with my own eyes what I had stopped happening again without giving me a clue."

He YunTing had no way of knowing how much effort Xu Zhiheng had expended to stop this research from continuing. He YunTing pondered for a moment, "We can provide protection for you, and we can also cooperate with you in some investigations," He YunTing said.

Xu Zhiheng showed a little joy, He YunTing added. "But in exchange, I also have a subject that you need to pay attention to." He YunTing said.

Xu Zhiheng froze for a moment, "Not the one who tried to assassinate you..."

"There's another one." He YunTing briefly recounted what happened that day, "Three shots were fired, but his body still didn't suffer too serious injuries."

Xu Zhiheng's face turned white, "Impossible, three years ago all—" But soon he stopped himself, "I understand."

"I will specially arrange a laboratory for you, and will secretly transport you there. You won't be discovered." He YunTing's tone was reassuring.

Xu Zhiheng was silent for a moment, but finally agreed. "But General..." He paused, his back was still straight even when he was begging He YunTing, and the previous surprise was quickly put away, returning to his usual calmness, seeing the poise of his youth, "I request you, do your best to stop this project."

"I know."

And He YunTing came back this time also because of Xu Zhiheng.

Xu Zhiheng's academic lecture was held as scheduled, He YunTing originally wanted to arrange a random person to follow him, but in the end, for the sake of caution, he chose to let Lu AnHe go ahead to protect him.

Everything was well arranged, and Lu AnHe kept in touch with He YunTing in the dark. But accidents could happen in a flash. When Lu AnHe was about to leave the room and found a strange Omega trying to pounce on Xu Zhiheng, it was too late. When Lu AnHe cut off the communication, he only said one sentence, "I will definitely guarantee his safety," and nothing else.

Lin Han didn't know what had happened when he arrived at the base. Since very few people knew about the incident, the base wasn't the least bit different from usual.

The people at the base were familiar with him, and because of his relationship with He YunTing and the things he had explained before, they understood that Lin Han was coming to get something, and no sergeant stopped him. Lin Han was still wondering why Lu AnHe was not there, but when he returned to the room he had reserved, he just opened the door and saw He YunTing with a cold face. He looked different than usual.