Chapter 17: The Beginning Of Things

Trigger Warnings in the author's note at the end

----------

Harry felt uneasy leaving the library after finishing his essay now that there was nothing to keep his mind busy. 

His plan to entice Riddle had gone off without a hitch but things had gotten a little too real.

He had been too open, let his real emotion shine through. 

Still, Myrtle's strategy of gaining his trust has worked, the girl was a ravenclaw for a reason after all. 

As they say, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. 

Shaking his head Harry could think of only one thing to make himself feel better.

It was dark out and the stars and faint light from the castle didn't do much to eluminate the quidditch field. 

Harry had already seen it in passing though and saw that it looked no different than in the modern day. 

Harry knew it like the back of his hand and wouldn't have any problem navigating it even without being able to make out much. 

He'd taken one of the school brooms and then he was off, quickly ascending and leaving his worries far below him. 

The broom was old and clunky but Harry wasn't playing right now so he didn't worry about it.

Leaning back and relaxing he let his through run free. 

What would he do now? 

He would have to keep the act of his newly invented backstory up. 

With dismay he realized that he would need to be cold and dismissive towards muggleborns and the like now if he wanted Tom to believe him.

It's not something he wanted to do but Harry knew that he had no choice. 

Said students could take a few insults if it meant ensuring their safety in the future. 

While doing that he'll grow closer and closer to Tom, using his knowledge of the future to become his right hand man. 

And then he'd take the whole rotten lot of them down from the inside. 

He wouldn't make it slow, they'd bleed and come to regret what they did to him. 

Just like he had told Tom. 

"I want them all dead, to suffer like they made my loved ones suffer" 

He wasn't a liar after all, thought Harry with a dark smirk and tingle in his right hand. 

---

Tom sat down at the long table made out of smooth dark marble.

The light in the room was cool and sparse, adding to the tense atmosphere.

The setup overall was not unlike the Malfoy's dining room which they'd use during the holidays.

Resting his chin on his clasped hands, Tom watched his underlings come in one after the other and taking their rightful place.

Ramon ever so perceptive immediately took notice of an additional seat, seven now instead of the usual six. 

Tom of course sat at one end, then it was Ramon and Jonathan to his left and Algernon, Rigel and Melchior to his right. 

At the other end of the table was the unoccupied seat, highbacked like Tom's.