Chapter 5: Keep your friends close, but..

As Harry lay sleeping, twisting and turning in his sheets, the knights of Walpurgis remained wide awake.

"What", hissed Melchior, "Is the meaning of this, my Lord? Why do we have to associate with that mudblood-"

"Silence, Malfoy!", ordered Tom, his eyes flashing dangerously, "You dare question my judgment?"

Melchior's already pale face turned bone white as he stammered: "N-no of course not, my Lord! I would never do such a thing. I.. I was merely confused. Forgive me.

"Don't test me, Malfoy. I will have no more of your insolence, understood?

"Yes my Lord. Of course. You are most merciful. "

"May I ask why Evans is important?", enquired Algernon without judgement in his voice, genuinely curious for he knew his master was wiser than him. 

"Harry Evans cannot possibly be a muggleborn." 

"What do you mean? A halfblood then?", asked Rigel with slight confusion as no known magical family carried the Evans name. 

"Perhaps", conceded Tom, "But his magical signiture is like none I have ever seen or felt before." 

This revelation got everyone's attention. 

Being able to see or feel another's magic was a very rare gift indeed and it was only further proof of Tom's superiority. 

Further proof that he was meant to lead this rotten tainted country.

"Something is special about him, I know it, though I'm not certain what it is yet. I want you to keep him company at all times, understood?" 

"Yes my Lord"

---

When Harry woke up everything from the previous day came back to him in a flash and he resisted the urge to roll over and go back to sleep. 

His dream had been relentless as always. 

He was back in the department of mysteries and the blood.. Oh the blood...it was threatening to drown him in it. 

The screams of his friends still rung out in his head and he saw Sirius lifeless body being pulled through the veil, to some unknown destination. 

Harry sighed and looked down at his hand. 

The words that vile woman had carved into him were of course still there, healed now but still deep. 

Cursed wounds never close completely, even with the help of magic. 

However much to his surprise there was nothing else marring his tanned skin but slight indents of his fingernails from when he had a formed a fist in the night. 

Ramon's spell healed him perfectly. 

He had been too shaken up in the bathroom the previous evening to really look at it properly but he now realized that he should thank the redhead later. 

He may be part of Riddles pack of psychopaths but he didn't seem like a bad person to him. 

Perhaps he was scared to leave? 

Harry imagined spending all his Hogwarts years in this dorm and asked himself if he might have joined them as well. 

He didn't doubt that anyone who tried to leave would not go unpunished by their cruel classmate and Master and he felt just the slightest twinge of empathy.

That was squished out quickly though when he remembered how easy access to help was here. 

Surely Dumbledore or even Professor Dippet would protect them if they just asked for help?