Chapter 6: Power

Harry could not get them to leave him alone.

When he traveled back in time he thought he'd off Riddle, not join his murder club.

First it was breakfast when they had surrounded him on all sides, then Ramon and Black insisted they show him around after they got their class schedules and now he was sitting in the back of defense against the dark arts classroom with one of them to either side.

Riddle, Malfoy and Lestrange sat in the front row, while Müller sat all the way across the room in second row.

It also didn't help that everyone kept staring at him with either distaste, curiousity or envy.

Harry supposed he couldn't blame them, he'd also be suspicious in their place.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and a severe looking woman with voluminous red hair and sharp intelligent eyes walked in.

She was quite tall and wore form fitting leather clothes, similar to hitwizards and witches, instead of the usual robes magical folk tended to wear.

She looked young, maybe 29 or 30, but was clearly their teacher.

Much to his surprise a boy trailed in after her, closing the door behind him.

He had light colored hair and wore muggle clothes instead of a uniform even though he seemed to be their age.

The woman stood up straight in front of the classroom while the boy stood at her side, a step or two further back.

She opened her voice and spoke: "I'm Professor Rose and I'll be your defense against the dark arts teacher this year. Professor Dumbledore is otherwise preoccupied with important matters and is unable to resume his usual teaching position for now. This", she gestured towards the boy, "Is Benjamin Rose who will be apprenticing under me. You may know him since he only graduated last year but be sure to treat him with respect. Now, you are 7th years and I will hold you to a certain standard. Anyone who thinks they can get by in class by slacking is sorely mistaken. Now put your books away and take out your wands."

There was a whirlwind of chatter all around him as everyone was excited and confused by this sudden change and Harry remembered that they probably weren't used to getting a new DADA teacher every year.

Lucky little shits.

Many students tried to ask Professor Rose some questions but they were all promptly shut down and eventually followed her instructions.

She snapped her fingers and Benjamin opened the small bag he was carrying to take out a few small orbs that had a bronze sheen to them.

Something inside them whirled around like mist but Harry couldn't make out what exactly it was.

"Does anyone know what these are?"

Riddle immediately raised his hand and got called on: "They are called Repono and are used to hold complicated or extensive spell work so that one is able to use them later without having to replicate the spell once more. You simply say 'Repono' while touching the orbs with the wand they were charged with and then the spell unfurls."

"Excellent answer Mr.."

"Riddle, ma'am."

"Mr Riddle. 10 points to Slytherin."

Harry closed his eyes briefly to roll them without being too obvious but he couldn't help but be interested.

So far this class seemed pretty similar to the ones professor Lupin held, though granted she doesn't seem quite as nice as him.