Chapter Five

—————————

—————————

Birds sang melodiously, rustling of the falling leaves like percussion sounded as Rosalyn walked along the balconies of Imladris, lost in a maze of her own thoughts. The girl was unable to form tears having cried almost all of them yesterday now she felt a constant melancholy deep ache in her heart.

The beauty of Rivendell contrasted against the imperfections she sought out in herself and yet another had taken hold she felt a deep hatred grow inside her at the thought of the heir of Isildur such anger she has never felt, such anger that can only be described as a vile thing.

The news of Frodo awakening reached her in the early hours of the morning and yet she had not gone to see him.

Rosalyn knew he would be there and the mere sight of him may bring out emotions she does not want to come to the light, tears she had thought abandoned her may resurface and cries she was unable to voice yesterday may transform to villainous words firing to cause pain.

Her father had taken his leave and now she was left here alone though her father and herself never spoke much and his lack of presence never truly got to her she undoubtedly could feel the loneliness now, it's woeful spirit haunting her.

The more anger she let in the stronger she felt, her head hasn't pounded and she has not felt dizzy the thought of loosing her magic has not once crossed her mind.

Her mother's memory to her is a ghost, something she cannot see, she cannot touch and she cannot hold yet it seems to have a mighty hold on her.

It is devastatingly tormenting, all too consuming and now even more so.

Shuffling of robes silently echoed behind her, sounds of a stick hitting the floor out of curiosity the girl forced her eyes to rip away from the fall of the water and look to what was making the noise. Her eyes land upon a tall long grey bearded man, what looks like a staff is held in his hand as he gently smiles towards Rosalyn who smiles back.

Her eyes widen when she realises who this is "Gandalf." She rushed out.

Though she has never met him before she has read much about him in the books she happily indulged herself in, a powerfully strong wizard.

"Rosalyn Mysthaven." Gandalf nodded his head slightly "You do resemble your mother far too much." He laughed, sadness a clear undertone masked by the laugh.

The girl brushed her hair back hiding her elf like ears with her long brown hair, elves and fae share some similar physical properties such as ears though elves ears are more pointy in comparison to fae, her eyebrows furrowed confusion clear on her features.

"You are confused rightfully so, I knew your mother before she had you." He started walking past her his elderly hands locking onto the balcony Rosalyn turned back around standing beside him as they both loomed out indulging the wonders that lay before their eyes drinking it in joyfully.