Chapter Three

—————————-

—————————-

The sky had completely darkened, hushed whispers floated in the harsh winds as they ran through the bitter forest, tired breaths leaving their cold lips

The sky had completely darkened, hushed whispers floated in the harsh winds as they ran through the bitter forest, tired breaths leaving their cold lips. Rosalyn ran far behind them, still in eyesight but few steps behind lost in her thoughts, she dawned on what had just occurred and the danger of it washed over her seizing her nerves and causing her to feel the complete intensity of it, she felt useless.

Passing a stream of water, it is brown and murky from the constant fall of relentless rain mixing with the muddy ground. The sound of the rain is eerie and sinister shadowing the wraiths lurking the atramentous corners of the caliginous forest. They could all almost numbingly feel the aftermath of the occurrence at the watchtower lingering over their skin.

Upon reaching a wide spread area, the ground a little bit drier, in the forest. The rain coming to an abrupt stop. Strider places Frodo on the floor his skin deathly pale and his breathes erratic. Rosalyn watched as the ranger walks around scouting out the gloomy area, she sits beside Frodo and feels his forehead his skin is cold to the touch just as is her skin. Samwise reaches over and tries to lighten the mood to which the injured boy just gasps the pain becoming excruciating.

"He's going cold." Samwise yells in panic.

Strider rushes over placing his hand on Frodo's face with a grimace he pulls back "He is passing into the shadow world, he'll soon become a wraith like them." Running his hands through his hair he sighs, following a distance eerie cry Merry nervously looks around eyes wide "They are close."

Rosalyn bites her lip in stress as she looks up, her eyes landing on one of the hobbits Pippin his arm is cut open, the wound looks painful and irritating. Rosalyn rushes over hearing Strider ask Samwise something in the background "Sam do you know the Athelas plant?" His deep voice sounds.

Rosalyn reaches over and grabs Pippin's arm causing him to jolt back in shock she looks to him "Your arm, do you not feel a thing?" She inquires concerned.

The hobbit looks down at his arm his eyes widening "With everything going on I didn't really notice." He blinks his eyes never once leaving the open scratch on his arm. She pulls his arm towards her gently "Were you hit with one of their blades, especially-" Pippin shook his head frantically.