Last Chapter

"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. Love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Last Chapter >>

Stiles and I had met Lydia at my house after Scott had told her that she was needed to help save Jackson. All three of us piled into the jeep heading off in the pack's direction.

Getting there, Stiles bust through the wall and ran into something. His eyes were shut the entire time, which made me more than nervous. 

"Did I get him?" It was silence until something jumped on top of the jeep. Jackson's kanima figure stared down at us. 

All three of us shrieked getting out of the jeep in a hurry. Stiles and I ran towards Scott while Lydia stayed behind with Jackson. 

"Jackson!" She yelled getting his attention. 

"Lydia!" I screamed running towards her to keep Jackson from killing her but that's not what happened. Jackson's hand froze in the air, staring at the little key Lydia had in her hand. 

He stared at it, no doubt remembering the memories behind it. Picking it from her fingers his eyes returned to their normal shade as he studied it. 

"Jenna." A voice called from my left and I turned to see Isaac on the floor with wounds in his body, bleeding out.

"Isaac." I whispered meeting him halfway as he tried to stand up. "What happened?"

He shook his head not wanting to mention anything but his slight glance at Allison let me know that it was her. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder, I hauled him up bringing him over to where the rest of the group was watching Jackson and Lydia.

He stepped back away from her after a few seconds nodding to Derek. Not hesitating in the slightest Derek rose to his feet holding his stomach. Marching towards Jackson he sunk his claws into his abdomen along with Peter who got his back.

Together the two let go of their holds on Jackson stepping back. Lydia caught him before he hit the floor. The two stared into each others eyes, one sobbing with tears, the other gasping from pain.

"Do you? Do you still?" Jackson gasped out. 

Lydia nodded frantically. "I do. I still love you. I do."

And that was it. Jackson's eyes were rolling to the back of his head as Lydia laid him down on the concrete. She turned away, tears flooding her face.

Dropping Isaac's arm, I took a step forward to embrace her but a noise stopped me. Jackson's claws were scratching at the ground. Lydia's head whipped around so fast I was sure she had whip lash. Then Jackson's eyes opened and he started raising from the ground. 

His head tilted back as he stood up, eyes glowing bright blue and fangs sprouting from his mouth. A roar erupted from his mouth causing me to take steps back.

Lydia and him embraced once again at the acknowledgment that he was still alive. 

Glancing to me right, I saw Stiles already looking at me in love. Smiling at him, I slid my fingers between his, giving them a firm squeeze.

"We're safe now." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Let's go home babe." I nodded walking back to the jeep.