Chapter Thirteen>>

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it."

― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

Chapter Thirteen>>

Jenna's POV

After the very long but informative talk with Deaton, I drove home, parking the mustang in front of the house. Dad's squad car was in the driveway signaling that he was home. Good, because I have some questions to ask.

The talk with Deaton was still very fresh in my mind, my thoughts whizzing around in my head.

Walking through the front door I was immediately greeted by the smell of baking cookies? My dad does not bake, what is happening?

Stepping into the kitchen cautiously I rounded the corner only to see...Mrs. McCall and my father leaning over the oven.

Dad must have heard my footsteps because he turned his head as I walked in smiling as though nothing was wrong with this picture.

"Jenna, you're home. Cookies?" He motioned to the oven but I shook my head.

"Uh, no, I'm good. So what's going on?"

My eyes motioned between the two of them. It was like a light bulb went off in my dad's head. "Oh right, well I was at the hospital the other day and I saw Melissa and asked if she wanted to have dinner sometime. She said yes, and here we are."

(A/N: Mrs. McCall and Papa Stilinski are the ultimate OTP hands down but I just wanted Jenna's dad to get some loving but not have to add in a new character. I wanted her to have ties to the group already. So please don't hate me but this is how it is going.)

I nodded understanding it. "I see." Thoughts of earlier popped back into my head. "Can we talk a second?"

"Yeah." He said setting the cookies down looking at me.

I glanced at Melissa, smiling. "Privately."

Dad's eyes wandered between the two of us before landing on me and nodding, following me out of the room.

Before I even began to speak Dad cut me off. "Listen, I know I should have asked if it was alright if Melissa came over but I really like her and I hoped that you would like her two. I can ask her to leave if you want but-"

I chuckled putting my hand to his mouth. "Dad I don't mind that you are dating Scott's mom, in fact I encourage it, just no sex anywhere but your bedroom." He stared at me wide-eyed but I continued. "I like her, she seems great. This is about something else."

I let my hand fall. "You remember when I went to the hospital after the dance? For the animal bite?"

Dad nodded. "Well, uh, I don't know how to explain it but...Have you ever heard of a were-panther?" It wasn't until the words came out of my mouth that I realized how crazy they sounded.

I immediately back-tracked. "This sounds crazy, never mind."

I went to walk away but a hand grabbed my arm, a smile sat on my dad's face that didn't exactly match his eyes.

"Stiles dropped this by earlier, have fun." He kissed the top of my forehead walking back around the corner.

Glancing down at the piece of paper dad had shoved into my hand I read:

Meet me at our spot at 7. I laid out clothes on your bed, if you don't think you'll be warm enough, bring another blanket. See you soon. It's date night :)